some old corps photos

84....BD (duh)

If you happen to have any pics of the Whitewater Wipeout....I don't think I've ever seen any.

Sorry...as you may remember (or may not), The Knights weren't at Whitewater in 84. Which is one of the more boneheaded things our corps' management ever did. 84 sucked.

Sorry...as you may remember (or may not), The Knights weren't at Whitewater in 84. Which is one of the more boneheaded things our corps' management ever did. 84 sucked.

Ahnh...I'd forgotten that.

Begs the question, tho....WHY on earth would corps management skip what was - at the time - the biggest corps show aside from Nats itself??? It isn't like Whitewater was THAT far from your home base....

Ahnh...I'd forgotten that.

Begs the question, tho....WHY on earth would corps management skip what was - at the time - the biggest corps show aside from Nats itself??? It isn't like Whitewater was THAT far from your home base....

Never got a good answer to that question. if it was because of what happened in 82 and the fact that Whitewater prelims in 83 may have been our best show, while the "slide" started with the night show, I don't know. But it still sucked. We spent the day in Bedford, Indiana, and when the director asked rhetorically and ironically, "I'd SO MUCH rather be in Whitewater, wouldn't you?" all I could think of was "Hell YES."

Edited by tommytimp

Inside the ‘Salute to 50’ publication, ‘at the 1963 Scout House show’

The 2 stylistic corps had a long standing camaraderie. Scout House is now an alumni corps.

1963-a.jpg

Inside the ‘Salute to 50’ publication, ‘at the 1963 Scout House show’

The 2 stylistic corps had a long standing camaraderie. Scout House is now an alumni corps.

1963-a.jpg

Woo-hoo! Great Cadet Uniform! Like old school Garfield. What corps is that?

And here's a little tidbit - that famous Canadian all-male corps not only played Bb bugles from way back in 1938 'til they folded in the late sixties, they all wore hot pants! And this practice started in 1953!

I'll bet they had groupies all over The Territories!

Puppet

Never got a good answer to that question. if it was because of what happened in 82 and the fact that Whitewater prelims in 83 may have been our best show, while the "slide" started with the night show, I don't know. But it still sucked. We spent the day in Bedford, Indiana, and when the director asked rhetorically and ironically, "I'd SO MUCH rather be in Whitewater, wouldn't you?" all I could think of was "Hell YES."

The story I always heard was that given the problems the Knights had in Whitewater, the corps management decided they were not going back.

I contend to this day that a reasonable explanation has not been provided. Those two years in Whitewater were the beginning of the end.

Them are all 1979.