some old corps photos

1982 Bayonne

bayonne81.jpg

bayonne81-3.jpg

Edited by DPEmerald

I just found about 200 pictures from 1982 DCI. Mostly prelims, almost all are top 15. I'll put up a couple each day, should keep us busy for a while.

Here is Tommy's predecessor, 1982 Knights (I think).

knights81.jpg

Correct. Ray Urrutia, who marched in the snare line in 1983. I think he hated timps. Probably because he had even worse drums than I did to play. I mean, look at those things.

Remember this view? What an awesome place for prelims.

27th prelims 1982.

27thprelims2.jpg

27thprelims3.jpg

27thprelims.jpg

Notice the member kneeling and steadying the larger two stands which appear to be converted music stands maybe a bit top heavy.

No, they are regular roto-tom stands - they just weren't made for that kind of pounding. That early 80's drumset hardware was pretty crappy, lots of stripped threads and shaky pop rivet connections. Nowadays all that stuff would be mounted on some huge aluminum or titanium rack.

But never mind the stands. Could those guys play, or what?

Fred O.

Remember this view? What an awesome place for prelims.

Yeah, and remember when they poured water on the stairs to keep the overflow crowd from sitting in the aisles? I wonder if it was DCI or the local stadium staff who came up with that one? Not too fan-friendly!

:satisfied:

Fred O.

1982....maybe a pic of the NY Renegades will pop up. I wish I would have taken pictures back then.

Pretty sure these are 1982 Whitewater

scv81.jpg

Hey, thanks for capturing every dude in the line... except for me. :satisfied:

ps - that was meant as a joke ;-) Thanks very much for throwing these up there. The Bridgemen photo is a perfect snap of one helluva line!

Edited by SomeOtherJoe

No, they are regular roto-tom stands - they just weren't made for that kind of pounding. That early 80's drumset hardware was pretty crappy, lots of stripped threads and shaky pop rivet connections. Nowadays all that stuff would be mounted on some huge aluminum or titanium rack.

But never mind the stands. Could those guys play, or what?

Fred O.

Amen to that. Although the snares were awesome people sometimes forget that their tenors were sick, sick, sick. Awesome!

Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77

Hey, thanks for capturing every dude in the line... except for me. :satisfied:

ps - that was meant as a joke ;-) Thanks very much for throwing these up there. The Bridgemen photo is a perfect snap of one helluva line!

I have some more of SCV that year, I'm sure there are more snare line shots. I'll look tonight.

Dale