some old corps photos

I'm sure they were a pain to pull off, but they remain one of the all-time great corpsgasmic experiences for the audience! :lol:

OK... that's awesome. :doh:

I thought the only year Troops used the split shells and matched grip was 1983. I'm going to have to look into that.

I remember this like it was last year. DATR was a two-show affair at old Mile High Stadium in '81. The first night, the Troopers marched with their standard Slingerland TDRs. They saw Phantom's new Ludwig High-Volume (or was it "Hi-Volume"?) Challenger STs and flipped over the massive sound they produced. By the second night's contest, Troopers had created their own set of home-made "high-volume" TDRs! It was pretty funny to see, especially since the TDR lug casings were fairly light compared to the Challenger casings; no doubt Troopers had to insert spacers underneath to keep the casings from cracking and collapsing the two halves of the shells. But they sounded great on the opening double rim shots of "The Cowboys - Main Title": Gok Gok Gok, Gok-Gok!

The two tenors on the left are my buds Rick Tabor and Edmund Mindiak. :doh::lol:

I'm pretty sure Rick's last year marching was '78 and I know Edmund marched 1980, becauase I remember shaking his hand and his brother Donald's when they won the drum trophy.

Edmund and Donald's brother, Mike Mindiak and his wife, Kathy McLaughlin Mindiak, are super nice people who live here in SoCal!

But they sounded great on the opening double rim shots of "The Cowboys - Main Title": Gok Gok Gok, Gok-Gok!

One of the best drum parts ever.

Pretty sure this is Valley Fever 1982

VF.jpg

VF2.jpg

VF3.jpg

Pretty sure this is Valley Fever 1982

WOW, not a single comment in over 24 hours.

OK one more set of CA corps pictures from 1982 and then on to the midwest for a while.

82 Freelancers

frelancers82.jpg

frelancers82-3.jpg

frelancers82-4.jpg

frelancers82-5.jpg

Love those Freelancer uniforms with the flaps. The complete bomb. :thumbup:

OK one more set of CA corps pictures from 1982 and then on to the midwest for a while.

82 Freelancers

frelancers82.jpg

frelancers82-3.jpg

frelancers82-4.jpg

frelancers82-5.jpg