some old corps photos

Oh! And BTW many of the shots posted here are by not only friends and family and just pure fans but from some of the most famous names in Drum Corp photography ... and let me just grab one out of the archives ... shot at one of the premier venues for Drum Corps, ever and the type of show we will never, ever (if DCI has anything to say about it and that's a darn shame because a preview show like Evening With The Corps could generate soooo much money here in the East!) see again.

Imagine, OMG if you could get a sneak peak and listen to in a concert setting Crown, Phantom, SCV, Cavies and yeah, even Garfield pre season - how much would you pay? :blink:

1970FeltForum.jpg

not the least of whom is Moe Knox

I'm just saying ... :smile:

And I'm not in this shot..

And those were the black plumes we got ruined in the rain like the first show of the season in Chester PA.

I believe the two snare drummers pictured on the left side are Mark Holub and John Oddo. Both went on to teach many corps: Mark at St. Ignatius, Garfield, and Hawthorne Cabs, John at St. Iggy's, Skyliners, Hurricanes, Brigadiers, and others. John was recently inducted to the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame.

While we're doing flaglines . . . . . . . .

AAguard.jpg

You know, I've forgotten - but those uniforms look somewhat familiar. My first thought was Trumbull Troubadors but there's only about 30 women in that line and they look to be an indoor competing guard of some kind, not a guard of a full corps like at a standstill or something like that ...SO .... tell us already?

Ken's Flagline photo is the 1973 Americano's summer corps guard, without the rifle line, taken at Roosevelt Junior High School Gym in Appleton, WI. sometime in March or April.

Edited by TISH

And because they were such a gorgeous group to see, here is another look at them!

1973 Americanos guard at Lawrence University, Appleton.

73guarddm.jpg

Oh, there's Bucky too. While no where near as attractive as the guard, he did sport a fantastic DM uniform.

Ken's Flagline photo is the 1973 Americano's summer corps guard, without the rifle line, taken at Roosevelt Junior High School Gym in Appleton, WI. sometime in March or April.

Hey Tish!

I was going to guess Americanos - glad you jumped in.

Is MB going to give Buc's a run for the title this year?

Jim

Oh, there's Bucky too. While no where near as attractive as the guard, he did sport a fantastic DM uniform.

I just had a vision of him, a Troopers and Commodores DM from the era, and "Capt. Crunch" from the Mariners together...quite the image...

I just had a vision of him, a Troopers and Commodores DM from the era, and "Capt. Crunch" from the Mariners together...quite the image...

IMG_0007-3.jpg

"Capt. Crunch" from the Mariners

mary-helen-and-tony-schultz-1974.jpg

mary-helen-and-tony-schultz-1974

Below are a couple of links for the commodores. The first link has some great old footage of the Commodores and SCV.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=stockton+commodores+drum+and+bugle+corps+facebook

http://www.stocktoncommodores.com/

Edited by baja