some old corps photos

Were they still the Rockford Rangers at this point? I don't know if these unis crossed the names...

Phantom "Regiment" was wearing unis very similar to that in 1974.

Phantom "Regiment" was wearing unis very similar to that in 1974.

... as they were in 1962 also ... but without the contrasting sash color ... it was more the black/white diagonal split ... I seem to remember a "mask" as a patch on the white part of the uni ... first saw them at the 62 VFW's in Minneapolis ... maybe someone has an earlier pic from DCN ...

:-)

Here is a picture of Butch Anderson from Sky. I seem to remember a story that Butch was suppose to go to Cabs and Jim Russo was suppose to go to Sky. 1973 I think. Anyone have the real story?

butchsky.JPG

butchsky.JPG

Stayin' alive.....stayin' alive......ha ha ha ha stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!

1971 Etobicoke Crusaders with Mr. Duggan as DM. My corps, the Scarborough Firefighters, is in the background with Bruce Kirton as DM. I was guard sergeant that year. In 1970, I marched as flag beside Greg, the tall sop player in the photo. He had a wonderful raw talent as soloist. I loved going to rehearsals to hear him play. The 2 corps had many mutual friends throughout the years. In the far background is a roller coaster. We were at the CNE stadium.

etobicoke-crusaders-fb-4.jpg

1971 Etobicoke Crusaders in pass and review at the CNE Grandstand. I liked that stadium. The sound was very good :)

etobicoke-crusaders-fb-6-1971.jpg

edit: ...um we were at the CNE 1973 and 1974 too ;) http://www.cnearchives.com/download/Grandstand%20Performers%201948-1994.htm

Edited by lindap

Matadors, 1981 I think.

matadorsnares.JPG

Whoa! Is this DCA or DCI? No offense to the guys, but those dudes look a bit older than 21 :smile: But I know that's how folks got down in the 70s early 80s,lol.