some old corps photos

Thanks Linda. I believe that is the corps. I am going by the 1978 US Open Class A/All-Girl retreat announcements. The announcer calls them the Ottawa Compagnons. Looks like 1977 is going to have to be close enough. Thanks again.

Are you looking for Les Compagnons d'Embrun? If so, I found 2 links for you, 1977 and undated :)

http://forumadcq.xooit.com/t954-59-Les-Compagnons-d-Embrun-Ontario.htm

http://forumadcq.xooit.com/t1407-95-Les-Compagnons-d-Embrun-Ontario.htm

Thanks Linda. I believe that is the corps. I am going by the 1978 US Open Class A/All-Girl retreat announcements. The announcer calls them the Ottawa Compagnons. Looks like 1977 is going to have to be close enough. Thanks again.

Embrun is about a 25 minute drive from Ottawa, south and east. We competed with them often in the early 1970s. They hosted a contest called Fantaisie Musicale. They were a nice corps. I saw photos on a web site of them last year but unfortunately the site no longer exists. The web site had Les Compagnons d'Embruns history in French and English, scores, along with many photos…sigh :(

Edited by lindap

This photo is for DLMillard of 1975 Alberta All Girls ‘B’ on parade with DLMillard on snare and Kim as DM. In 1977, DLMillard was on snare with AAG ‘’A’ and Kim was on bass drum.

1975-parade.jpg

A photo I took at our 2011 reunion of a page of a photo album. 1977 Alberta All Girls ‘A’ getting ready for a show in Burlington Arcade with Val, Louise, Kim on bass, Jackie on bells, Wendy and Cathy multi-toms and I think Wendy on cymbals. In the background is our lorry (equipment truck) which carried our equipment over a 10 week, 50+ performances tour. Our lorry driver is in the back of the truck. He was wonderful. We also had about 6 equipment boys whom were younger brothers of the girls. They did an incredible job packing.

carrier-77-a-enfield3.jpg

Saginaires 1977. Archie Tullos DM.

Saginaires1977fromtheLisaSRcollection12.jpg

Saginaires 1977. Frankenmuth, MI Bavarian Festival Parade.

Saginaires1977fromtheLisaSRcollection10.jpg

Saginaires 1977.

Saginaires1977fromtheLisaSRcollection11.jpg

Marching a parade with a set of chimes....pure bad-a**ness.