5894_1194513505221_3688684_n.jpg

• Like 1

1974 Falcon Cadets, Elizabeth, NJ

223270_2033350915632_81329_n.jpg

• Like 1

1974 Falcon Cadets, Elizabeth, NJ

223270_2033350915632_81329_n.jpg

That's a pretty good rifle toss.

Also, I believe our very own Irving, "Fan of The Arts" is in that rifle line.

• Like 1

2 of those rifles marched in the Scouts in 1976 and were my roommates that summer (John Z. and Angel E.)

I found this photo on the Optimists Alumni website. At first I thought it was at Birchmount Stadium, the site of our show for many years, Scarborough Fair. I then realized Birchmount always had a soccer circle. Could it then be Kingston? 1977 Oakland Crusaders and Seneca Optimists, people I grew up with :bigsmile:

77_Seneca_10.jpg

Myvparents marched oaklands. Robert Cook, and back the Robi Amon.

• Like 1

Myvparents marched oaklands. Robert Cook, and back the Robi Amon.

Very cool, nice to meet you legacy, small world :bigsmile: I’ve been out west for 35 years, visit Ontario once a year to see family and about every 5 years a group of 7 1970’s guard girls get together in Scarborough. We simply pick up where we left off and some of us have been to drum corps shows in recent years (we have lots to talk about). The directors’ of Alberta All Girls invite me to their annual Super Bowl party where we catch up on news and enjoy the game and halftime show (yes, we liked Madonna and her drum line). In honour of Calgary Stampede’s 100th Anniversary, here’s a photo of 1970 AAG at the rodeo.

620.jpg

• Like 1

I found a spreadsheet that lists marching units that participated in the Calgary Stampede Parade over the years. The following lists the 1970 parade entries.

1970-stampede-parade.png

We live in a land where drum corps, bands and winter guard get along. AAG was founded in 1970, was a drum corps for 10 years, winter guard for 10 and stage act until 2004. Edmonton All Girls were founded in 1966 as a marching band, winter guard early 1980’s and continue as Vintage Winter Guard. I enjoyed seeing their 2010 A League of Their Own, 2011 Thoroughly Modern Millie and 2012 Parisian productions. Cranbrook Girls Bugle Band were founded in 1941, participated in the Stampede parade many times and are truly a bugle band. I found this

cranbrook-girls-bugle-band.jpg

And this … enjoy :smile:

I love these old starting line photos where 2 or three corps are stacked up. It was like an assembly line. Being from the mid-west, I don't think I ever saw the Falcons, but love those uniforms. They really pop. Same color tops and bottoms was pretty rare I think. Milwaukee St. Pats Imperials is the only other corps that I can remember doing that. From the looks of it, they must have been a pretty young group.

I marched with the Falcons 1972 thru 1974--We got new uniforms in 1973--here's a picture from the 1974 US Open--that's me in the rifle line, second from the left.

6014_1192390572149_581113_n.jpg

• Like 2

Used to listen to PFC on World Open 1975 album and loved that show!!!!