some old corps photos

VK

87VK2_zpsdc35173a.jpg

Not sure what it was, but Dad seemed to take a lot of pictures of VK that year. Something must've caught his eye...

87VK5_zps6367ccc2.jpg

87VK3_zpsaac2e98a.jpg

Here's a couple from the one event in 1987 I wish I could have attended. The Div. II/III corps playing America The Beautiful

87%20America%201_zpsuikpcra9.jpg

87%20America%202_zps4oiugvbp.jpg

All good sop soloists travel with bodyguards :) These were mine...

86%20Finals%207_zps01yov6uf.jpg

Always make friends with the contra line - they provide great protection!!

Oh. Thought you were going to mention the guard members in front of you. They're the ones carrying the weapons.

VK

87VK2_zpsdc35173a.jpg

Not sure what it was, but Dad seemed to take a lot of pictures of VK that year. Something must've caught his eye...

Other than the corps name, you seem to repeat yourself. Glad there were not more female guard members with similar "uniforms"! For your Dad's sake that is.

Oh. Thought you were going to mention the guard members in front of you. They're the ones carrying the weapons.

If you look closely, the "weapons" of which you speak are......white plastic clarinets. Granted, a clarinet in improper, untrained hands..........

Not wanting to offend the clarinet-playing community (one of which being my oldest son), I'll save my 10 minutes of clarinet jokes for Open Mic Night at The Chuckle Hut ;)