some old corps photos

it was just a suggestion, because it seemed that no one was looking at the first couple hundred pages anymore!

See, I think that's why this thread needs to be kept forever. There are always new people coming to DCP, and many of them may not have looked into the Historial forum yet, so they may not be aware of these photos. Can you imagine the thrill experienced by someone who has never seen a photo of him- or herself marching, and then starts going through this thread and suddenly stumbles onto a photo with him or her in it?

Thank you so much for keeping your photos posted. And Malibu, thanks so much for doing all that work to archive these photos on CD. If nothing else, that will be a priceless back-up, and a treasure you'll want to keep.

This is a GREAT Picture

1975 HAWTHORNE MUCHACHOS!

much75-3.jpg

why isn't that current DCI Percussion Judge Ed Argenziano on the end?

These are some 1984 Blue Devils pictures for Sam s., 84BDsop:

Apologies for the tiny resolution. I will dig out some more that don't feature yours truly so much as I think everyone would be more interested in full corps shots. These wre taken at the 1984 Blue Devils Family Night in Concord, CA. My father was able to get right down to the front sidelines to take them.

Sam84.jpg

Sam84a.jpg

AndyJ84.jpg

These are all during 'La Fiesta' I think. That's Andy Johnston in the middle of this last one. Sam, care to identfy some more persons in there?

[Edit to correct images.]

Edited by ambassadorhorn

Yes, that's right!!! That rocked. I had the uniform jacket for years, carried it every where I moved, until I left it in Madsion. Orange and black, weren't they? Were you there with Zig?

Mike,

Would you perhaps be talking about Orange high school band? I loved you guys. My high school band also had the same uni's as the Black Knights. I still have my entire uni, including the "chrome dome".

Mike,

Would you perhaps be talking about Orange high school band?  I loved you guys.  My high school band also had the same uni's as the Black Knights.  I still have my entire uni, including the "chrome dome".

Yea, I know some people don't want to even hear the word band, but back in the mid '70's OHS was on the cutting edge of High School bands taking on the "corps style".

We were very proud of "borrowing" anything that worked from corps all over the country. It is always an honor when people remember us. The sad news is that the district that OHS is located in just suspended all middle school music programs, so the feeder network is dead, and any hope of a top competitive program is all but lost.

I'll rattle your memory a little, and see if you remember the piccollo and tuba duet we did ? That was yours truly on Tuba. I would love to post a few photos here, but I'd be banned for life! :angry:

Mike,

Would you perhaps be talking about Orange high school band?  I loved you guys.  My high school band also had the same uni's as the Black Knights.  I still have my entire uni, including the "chrome dome".

Yes sir, that was us. Thanks. Where did you go to school.....who is this?

Yea, I know some people don't want to even hear the word band, but back in the mid '70's OHS was on the cutting edge of High School bands taking on the "corps style".

We were very proud of "borrowing" anything that worked from corps all over the country. It is always an honor when people remember us. The sad news is that the district that OHS is located in just suspended all middle school music programs, so the feeder network is dead, and any hope of a top competitive program is all but lost.

I'll rattle your memory a little, and see if you remember the piccollo and tuba duet we did ? That was yours truly on Tuba. I would love to post a few photos here, but I'd be banned for life! :angry:

Wasn't that from Star Wars, the cantina tune? Oh and just e-mail me the photos.

Thanks for answering....It was 82 then that I saw them and thought it was fabulous!

LancerFi,

Thanks for the kind words.....WE loved that show also!

(to be on the podium, to see and hear that show, that close,STILL gets this OLD hart pumping)

Tony B)