some old corps photos

and to TennTux, thats what i like to here! :)

I wish there was a thread for just the photos....(but I'd miss not having the remarks)

Any chance on getting some more Seinor Corps photos? (I only saw 1 in 335 pages)

Thanks,again for the time and love you ALL put into this......

Tony B)

See, I think that's why this thread needs to be kept forever. There are always new people coming to DCP, and many of them may not have looked into the Historial forum yet, so they may not be aware of these photos. Can you imagine the thrill experienced by someone who has never seen a photo of him- or herself marching, and then starts going through this thread and suddenly stumbles onto a photo with him or her in it?

Thank you so much for keeping your photos posted. And Malibu, thanks so much for doing all that work to archive these photos on CD. If nothing else, that will be a priceless back-up, and a treasure you'll want to keep.

I recomended this to about 5 people on : http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/drumc...ofthe60sand70s/

That they HAVE to come and read this thread!!

Tony B)

when was VK established?

~>conner

when was VK established?

According to this web site, 1963.

Edited by byline

Well, here's something a little different. Two from the 1977 Slingerland Catalog....

Cavietymp.jpg

for those who want to see the classic Cavaliers uni in living color...shilling the WORST marching tymps ever made... b**bs

foxvalley.jpg

The Fox Valley Raiders from Aurora, IL, with a full-set of chrome Slingies (and if the BlackDot bass heads don't make you feel old, NOTHING will...) :P

they look like SCV, kind of.

~>conner

Well, here's something a little different. Two from the 1977 Slingerland Catalog....

Cavietymp.jpg

for those who want to see the classic Cavaliers uni in living color...shilling the WORST marching tymps ever made... b**bs

foxvalley.jpg

The Fox Valley Raiders from Aurora, IL, with a full-set of chrome Slingies (and if the BlackDot bass heads don't make you feel old, NOTHING will...) :P

What I love is the fact we used to carry triple drums up around our armpits and still do a lot of drumming. Today they carry their tenore around their knees!