some old corps photos

Love these pictures, yonnenana. Thanks! ^OO^

Ken Kobold only used 50-yardline mics that year, but the photo shows other microphones across the front of the field.  Anybody know who else was recording?

I know that at least in '80 (not sure about '79), DCI put out high-cam videos of the top 15 or so corps' prelims' performances. So maybe that's what the other mics are for?

Ok, so I was wading through all of this, and love it all....drum corps history geek I guess. I didn't view all 300+ pages but I did notice that my beloved Bluecoats were noticably unrepresented....so I lifted a few pix from our website to share with everyone. Enjoy....1972, the corps wasn't competitive until '74. This is one of the earliest photos of the corps in uniform.

387_t.jpg

This is difficult to put pix on here. What's the easiest way to post pix from my computer on here (without using the http thingy)?

DW

Bluecoats 1974

158_t.jpg

This is difficult to put pix on here.  What's the easiest way to post pix from my computer on here (without using the http thingy)?

DW

Go to WWW.photobucket.com and start an account(Free) load your photos there then upload to here-it's about the only way it works.

1987 Velvet Knights

4021.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THERE I AM!!!

In that 2 piece down on the field....

KIDDING!!!

I didn't get into it until later that night....

KIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDING!!!

That's me on the podium. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Not realizing at the time that that 2 piece in front of me was AHEM!!! A LITTLE OVERAGED TO BE MARCHING DRUM CORPS!!!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Who woulda thunk it? A post dealing with OVER-age girls and drum corps? Still a good show, Ryan.

Can't do better.....but here's 71 Anaheim Kingsmen, and none of them are overage! And no 71 Diplomats in there either.....wait! Maybe Silverstein, depending on whether I'd given him his release yet.

71Kingsmen.jpg

Photo courtesy xkingsmen.com

There are a wealth of pictures of The Kingsmen from "The Early Years" thru 77 on the photo page of http://www.xkingsmen.com and more coming in all the time. I just spent way too much time looking through the newer arrivals....check 'em out, eh?

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3