some old corps photos

1973photo2.jpg

OK, here's that 73 Kingsmen pic w/Wayne Downey warming up the horns in the background. Wayne musta been about 22? He was still marching SCV the previous year.

Braga, would have loved to see that old corps pic w/you and your little drum. Try to remember what corps that was. It's OK, we all gotta start somewhere....I was a bass drummer for The Antlers (Burbank, CA).....then a tenor drummer and then I got wise and got a baritone.

RON HOUSLEY

Did Bellville update the uniform at all?  I saw them several times in the early 80s (at which time they were struggling to hold on) but I don't remember the white sleeve.  I always thought the uniform was solid black.

A year or two later they went to a white jacket, not sure about after that, I moved away in '80. A man looked mighty fine in ANY BK uniform. Especially MY man.

1973photo2.jpg

OK, here's that 73 Kingsmen pic w/Wayne Downey warming up the horns in the background.  Wayne musta been about 22? He was still marching SCV the previous year.

Braga, would have loved to see that old corps pic w/you and your little drum.  Try to remember what corps that was.  It's OK, we all gotta start somewhere....I was a bass drummer for The Antlers (Burbank, CA).....then a tenor drummer and then I got wise and got a baritone. 

RON HOUSLEY

What the #### kinda field is that? Looks like a hill with yardlines on it.

What the #### kinda field is that?  Looks like a hill with yardlines on it.

We owe it all to THAT crowned field. It's none other than U of W Whitewater. Sacred turf.

We owe it all to THAT crowned field. It's none other than U of W Whitewater. Sacred turf.

Whitewater is to Drum Corps what Lambeau Field is to football. It is hallowed ground, it is as the liner notes said, "the agrarian beauty of America's Dairyland".

Quote: Whitewater is to Drum Corps what Lambeau Field is to football. It is hallowed ground, it is as the liner notes said, "the agrarian beauty of America's Dairyland". End Quote.

How well I remember the smell of Wisconsin's Dairy Air, though agrarian beauty sucks at 30 below when the 1/4 mile sand road back to one's farmhouse in Monroe County needs the services of the county road plow and the well is frozen up.....again!

I musta gone to school on the short bus....it took about 13 years to remember that California beaches were populated by bikini-clad hotties: so nice to be home! Wisconsin was fun but surf on either Lake Michigan or Lake Superior was sketchy as best.

Still....I wouldn't trade the "Midwestern Experience" for the world. OK, not THIS world.

Representing West Coast Kilties as a Mad Plaid fanatic here in Pismo Beach and searching for unpolluted clams,

RonKiltieCloseup-small.jpg

RON HOUSLEY

AK 67

Dips 71

Ferns 05

Edited by ffernbus3

Funny, I've marched that field many times, I don't remember it being that steep! Maybe I'm just getting old. :sshh:

1978 Spirit of Atlanta/end of opening fanfare.

This photo was taken at the University of Southern Colorado. I don't know if they ever built a stadium around this field, but it sure was surreal to walk out into the open plain, over a hill and find this beautiful practice field waiting for you. As a marching instructor I thought I had died and gone to heaven B) .

99961525.jpg

Whitewater is to Drum Corps what Lambeau Field is to football. It is hallowed ground, it is as the liner notes said, "the agrarian beauty of America's Dairyland".

Oh, man! What a great line...consider it stolen, and taglined already! (With proper credit, of course!) Thanks Dan!

:wall::blink::tic: