some old corps photos

Is that Jim Ott in th emiddle of the horn arc???  :angel:

What year is this? This area looks familiar. I looks like Scotts Bluff, NE. We practiced at a school with a similar backdrop in Scotts Bluff.

I wish I had a picture of that day. A storm kicked up and we could see lightning strikes in the distance and the sky turned orange. Looked like something out of a Star Trek episode (original Star Trek).

What year is this?

If it's the same as an earlier photo that was posted, 1978.

Looks very similar to our practice site in '78 (John, you remember this?), except as I recall, there wasn't a patch of green to be seen anywhere where we were. We were at a high school basically out in the middle of the desert. Our practice "field" was sand. I remember us drawing yardlines in the sand with our flagpoles.

If it's the same as an earlier photo that was posted, 1978.

Looks very similar to our practice site in '78 (John, you remember this?), except as I recall, there wasn't a patch of green to be seen anywhere where we were. We were at a high school basically out in the middle of the desert. Our practice "field" was sand. I remember us drawing yardlines in the sand with our flagpoles.

I guess I would have known when and where if I didn't jump to the end and read a one page prior. Thanks.

:blink:

Representing West Coast Kilties as a Mad Plaid fanatic here in Pismo Beach and searching for unpolluted clams,

RonKiltieCloseup-small.jpg

THAT'S YOU RON???

Holy crap...you sorta look like....

CHARLIE GROH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

<ducks and runs as fast as humanly possible>

I was just kidding Jim...

Shame on you Russ....trying to tell a 2-7 rifle it was not about execution. I thought some judges used to say that execution generates it's own GE.  b**bs

The whole point of still photogrpahy with things in motion is to use a very fast aperature to break down "motion" into hundreds of split-second frames. 27th rifles would use "evidence" like those photos to point out "lapses in memory" among themselves. Gosh help any corps member that said anything negative.........

Nothing was worse to a Lancer rifle, flag, or sabre, than a photo with their weapons not aligned - PERFECTLY !!!!! Not unlike any great drumline photo showing their hands, sticks and mallets.

I wish I had a picture of that day.  A storm kicked up and we could see lightning strikes in the distance and the sky turned orange.  Looked like something out of a Star Trek episode (original Star Trek).

I think I remember that storm, that was in 1977, we were finished our show and were watching Argonne Rebels. As soon as they finished their show all #### broke loose!!! :blink::wall:

I think 27th Lancers were next to go on, right??? :tic:

You guys didn't perform that night, did you?? <**>