some old corps photos

I thought so. I recognized that guy in the background with the goat on his face. Who was that guy? He was at all the shows but I was never clear who he was with. Do you know?

No, can't say that I do. I don't recognize the jacket either. I'm thinking though that the Guy to the left of him (balding) is none other than THE Ed Leason, one of the founding parents of SCV and the Father of Debbie Leason, awesome rifle Lady. She's the first Rifle on the Right. sidewaysrifles1.jpg

reuniongroup.jpg

So glad to oblige.....this is the first June 24th, 2005  Kingsmen Alumni Reunion picture I've seen....from xkingsmen.com 

There will be more.....

RON HOUSLEY

AK Family Member

It's hard to tell...is that Dave Weinberg on the right of the photo? I know that's Ellerby standing there. And I see Bill Hassing. Where's WAMPLER????

The woman on the far right (Debbie?) came to Revere High School Field House in the winter of 76 - to watch and critique the rifle line.

She also interviewed each of us in the bathroom as to why we wanted to be a 2-7 rifle, and what it was like to be a 2-7 rifle in the case where people had already marched as such.

I also remember this one SCV rifle in the early to maybe mid 70s that was maybe 5" if that, she may have been of Latin decent, and was just 7 feet tall when marching. I always wondered about her until we in the winter of 78 had to pull Carol Abohatab over from the flag line because she didn't believe she was good enough to make the line.....in both cases, height mattered not!! We almost broke her arms and I think she was actually crying....she was young at that time and I believe she marched 5 or 6 years in 2-7.

Carol has had an illustrious career having taught guards such as SCV & Emerald Marquis movement and dance with much success. What a talent! I'm not sure if she's been back to SCV since 2000.

1974riflescompguardtoss.jpg

Was somebody talking about photographing rifle angles?

1974 Kingsmen Competition Guard Rifles 

(courtesy xkingsmen.com)

RON HOUSLEY

Niiiiice! ^OO^

Carol has had an illustrious career having taught guards such as SCV & Emerald Marquis movement and dance with much success.  What a talent!  I'm not sure if she's been back to SCV since 2000.

Carol is still with SCV. She runs the SCV dance company and in particular the Children's Adventure in Movement program.

Edited by ptr250