some old corps photos

This is absolutely the BEST thread EVER on DCP. Thanks to EVERYone who has contributed. I love history and this is fascinating. Here are a few of my favorites from my beloved Bluecoats.

78 Bluecoats - USOpen Parade - i think...

78BCparade.jpg

74 Bluecoats - first field performance at Innovations in Brass home show

74startingline.jpg

78 Bluecoats - Rifle line from local newspaper

78Repository.jpg

85 Bluecoats - snares (FYI - I'm the snare drummer on the far left!)

85BCSNLN.jpg

80 Bluecoats - snares and BLACK helmets!

80BCsnares.jpg

73 Bluecoats - Parade corps photo - no uniforms yet - VERY rare pic!

73paradeflags2.jpg

87 Bluecoats

87Tenors.jpg

more later - keep this thread alive!!!

Quote: WOW...What a beautie!!!!!!!!

It's spelled "beauty," and even through the blurred picture I would have to agree!

SCV always had fine women in their corps since, well, The Sparks, and this lady proves that....why do you think there were so many visits from South (Kingsmen) to North (Vanguard) via Air California back in the day? A rhetorical question, by the way.

And I can assure you that the women of The Kingsmen were (and are still) stunners in their own right.

RON HOUSLEY

"I married a Diplomat...or was she still an Ambassador then? And she is still a stunning example of a redheaded Irish-American lovliness some 35 years later and my best gal-pal."

Quote:   WOW...What a beautie!!!!!!!!

It's spelled "beauty," and even through the blurred picture I would have to agree!

SCV always had fine women in their corps since, well, The Sparks, and this lady proves that....why do you think there were so many visits from South (Kingsmen)  to North (Vanguard) via Air California back in the day?   A rhetorical question, by the way.

And I can assure you that the women of The Kingsmen were (and are still) stunners in their own right.

RON HOUSLEY

"I married a Diplomat...or was she still an Ambassador then?  And she is still a stunning example of a redheaded Irish-American lovliness some 35 years later and my best gal-pal."

*whispering* If you promise not to tell anyone, I marched in the Kmen in 1988...shhhhhh :sshh:

I forgot to thank you for the nice compliment! So, Thank you! I know the pix suck, that's what happens when you don't have a scanner...sorry!

Edited by SCVguard9293

Blues-1981.jpg

1981 Memphis Blues Brass Band! :)

27-19811.jpg

I don't know what year this is, maybe 1981 since it came from the 1982 DCI Yearbook...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :) As well as this one:

27-19812.jpg

Edited by Lancerlady

I know the pix suck, that's what happens when you don't have a scanner...sorry!

I wonder if anyone who has photo modification software can sharpen them up? I know Dan was doing that for some folks, but I'm not sure he can now. Anyone else?

I wonder if anyone who has photo modification software can sharpen them up? I know Dan was doing that for some folks, but I'm not sure he can now. Anyone else?

If you want, I'll ask my husband,he's already modified the picture of Gail Royer and George B. doing the rifles. He wants to know if that is the original, or if it's blown up too big? Here is the pix of George B. and Gail Royer that Nancy had he fixed...

GuardvRoyer.jpg

Edited by Lancerlady