some old corps photos

Hotpants, white majorette boots, gauntlets, and turbans. Now THERE's a combination you don't see every day....:P

Greg Laviolet, that's it.  Let's all stay on the same year, 81. Between you and Steve, you're making me question my sanity.  :rolleyes:  Paul marched 82.

Jim Brandt may have said that to you , but he didn't have the ability to make that kind of move. You were on snare because I wanted you on snare. Everyone in the battery was where they were supposed to be.

I wish I'd known he said that. (of course now you're going to say I was standing right there). It seems like I spent a lot of time in the fall convicing you to make the move.

In hind sight 4 tenors and 5 snares wouldn't have been bad, but I couldn't wrap my head around anything less than 6 snares at the time, clean snares.

Had you stayed on tenors, that would have been a better tenor line, but you made it a better snare line.

Andy is the missing bass. We only had three tenors 80 - 82, didn't we? He did play bass one year.

I can't see the avatar's right now, but I'm sure that's Steve Burstall you are asking about.

later,

John

yeah, Steve Burstall. Second baritone extrordinaire. :P Third loudest next to Scott and Bugsy. :P

Missing snare drummers are Greg Lavielet (sp), and Paul Clloutier. Missing tenor drummer is probably Andy Hardman on one of his slacker fishing days. What a twit. He'd skip rehearsal so he could go fishing. Where would he go fishing? Down at the river where you could see him from the practice field. Twit!

Here's the deal with me on snare. The instructor we had that year, Jim something, told me he needed another snare and one less tenor and that if I didn't go up to snare he would cut Jay. What a cheese dog. So I went on snare (yuk) dealing with the Campbells so that Jay wouldn't get cut. Hated it. Absolutely hated it.

I can't remember Kevin "America's" last name either. He was one of the few guys who came over from America to join the corps and I don't think anyone knew his last name. Since there was at least one other Kevin in the corps (Bly), everyone started calling him Kevin America!

Say, to the guy with the cigar dog for an Avitar. What's your name? What did you march in Buccs? I should know you. I knew just about everyone.

Shawn

===========

Hey Shawn, Steve Burstall. '81-'82 Buccs. The last time you saw me was at Norm's wake a couple years ago.

A CLASSIC Sunburst pic!

Here's one courtesy of my dear Uncle Z:

79BlueStars.jpg

I like the one of him in green way better.. (check his profile)

:rolleyes:

Stef

It was at that camp in 79 or 80... remember the cabins?... and it was raining like crazy.... that is a garbage bag he is wearing.

That's right, I'd forgotten. What I remember is camp in '78; got the worst sunburn I've ever had there. Same place, cabins up in the hills. I forgot that you could get sunburnt in Canada! B)

Anaheim Kingsmen

anah-15.jpg

Still love this photo. Look at those rifle angles in the air! :rolleyes:

Oakland Crusaders

Oaklandguard-20.jpg

This must be '75. Catch the white go-go boots! I prefer the shorter, Santa Clara-style boots the guard started wearing in '76.

Sue:

Even over the knee socks?! But, it's such a classic look! B)