some old corps photos

Looks like it could be Spirit during the first half of the '81 season. They had the North snares for first tour, then ditched 'em. Now THOSE suckers were loud - and I suspect they were plenty heavy too...:P

Wasn't Ray Rayner, Wizzo the Magician Clown? I know he wasn't Cookie.

Ray played "Oliver O'Oliver" up through the late 60s, when he finally talked 'GN into giving hin some downtime each day (up until that point, he was on his own show in the morning, then into Bozo rehearsal and live telecast, then doing afternoon announcing duties) . Roy Brown took over as Cookie when Ray left. Wizzo (blech...) was played by Marshall Brodeen, who also used to sell his special magic cards under his own name.

Edited by mobrien

Looks like it could be Spirit during the first half of the '81 season. They had the North snares for first tour, then ditched 'em. Now THOSE suckers were loud - and I suspect they were plenty heavy too...:P

Ray played "Oliver O'Oliver" up through the late 60s, when he finally talked 'GN into giving hin some downtime each day (up until that point, he was on his own show in the morning, then into Bozo rehearsal and live telecast, then doing afternoon announcing duties) . Roy Brown took over as Cookie when Ray left. Wizzo (blech...) was played by Marshall Brodeen, who also used to sell his special magic cards under his own name.

Oh you are so right. Oliver O'Oliver. How could I forget? I'm getting old ######

Oh you are so right.  Oliver O'Oliver.  How could I forget?  I'm getting old ######

WAAAAAAAAY :OT: , but I'm diggin' how the thread got hijacked!!!! :P

blue-q-dead-clown-gum.jpg

Edited by uncle z

Can anybody from the 27th Lancers tell me what the guy in the white pit helmet

does in the corps, as well as the other two guys on either side of him?????

Or does anybody really know?

Yes we really know.....they were called "Marching Majors", unlike drum majors they marched for show. One was Danny Boy, the other 2 allude me now.

Actually, now that I think of it in 1974 I did see the Beefeater's looking uni directing for about 10 seconds on OTL.

No Guard Captain was ever in one of these uniforms nor was any guard captain a male, which this is. As a matter of fact the red with the big black hat is what George Zingali wore...I will post his very proud picture below. Each of these uniforms signifies a piece of British history....I cannot for the life of me remember who the other 2 names are, and all 3 uniforms were represented in 1994, Patty Poole was "Danny Boy".

LancerLegend or drmr27 most certainly know the other 2.....Victor Borge did wear one of these uniforms during the 2-7 performance on the Mike Douglas show, I will also post that picture here.

Edited by LancerFi

Zingali

72zingali.jpg

(I believe one of the uni's might have to do with the Crimean War....)

Edited by LancerFi

1972 27th Lancers:

To honor LancerFi, even though it was before her time:

Thanks Rob, I have this photo, but I'm glad you posted it, one less to download into Photobucket!

G. Rorer, George B. with us 1976 in Santa Clara. Mr. Rorer was saying (paraphrasing) "there's majic in them there rifles".

Picture 2: Port Huron, Michigan 1980 - exhibition.

Picture025.jpg

I'll take a stab at it, ODBC--

The guy in the white pith helmet is Victor Borge and the other two guys are DMs!!!!!!!!! :P

What I'd like to know is why the sabre on the far left has a white aussie when all the others are black???  Is she the saber captain???? :rolleyes:

Edited by LancerFi

Nope, no saber captains....she was the captain of the guard, of the whole guard.  Sorry unc, there were maybe 2 years that there were 2 captains, but they were captains of the whole guard.  We did not have section leaders either!

The drum major and guard captain wore white hats and stirrups from 68 to I believe 72 maybe-the DM in this picture is on the far left-not sure where his white hat went....

Next is the first dress rehearsal with the red uniforms....same corps, only this is in Revere, same guard captain, with white hat.

First dress rehearsal, red uni's on rifles...

Picture008.jpg