Favorite Marches

Fred,

Good additition. Yes, that's who I was referring to and a fine Historian. However I find some handles to be incomprehensible and with a head full of junk. I don't always manage to memorize.

Kevin

lol :)

Lindap,

It looks to me like a lot of the thread participants are from the northeast - my birthplace, but haven't lived there very much over the last 48 years. Mcduffy's semmed to be more particular to Pioneer and perhaps Kilts. But I can't imagine that Reilly or a Boston Corps didn't play it at some point.

If anyone reads this.we'll probably get plenty of response.

Kevin

I mean I haven't lived there much. Sorry.

Kevin

Lindap,

It looks to me like a lot of the thread participants are from the northeast - my birthplace, but haven't lived there very much over the last 48 years. Mcduffy's semmed to be more particular to Pioneer and perhaps Kilts. But I can't imagine that Reilly or a Boston Corps didn't play it at some point.

If anyone reads this.we'll probably get plenty of response.

Kevin

Michael Duffy wrote McDuffy's March before I met him in 74. He performed, taught, arranged for many corps for many years; including AAG's Music Director for many years. Debbie said "Maybe drum corps forgot about him because he spent time with us".

Lindap,

It took awhile to step through the junk, but it popped in my head (probably blew a few more circuits) that I'm confusing Gary Owen with McDuffy's. I don't think I know it. What Corps played it? Does Mr. Duffy have a web site where I can listen to it?

Kevin

By marches do you mean like "Fanfare Prelude"?

Sac played "The Vanished Army", by Kenneth J. Alford.

"The Phantom Regiment" was played as an opener by ........................................................... the Phantom Regiment.

Looked up Kenneth J. Alford to see if he wrote anything else of interest. Nothing else on the site I looked at. The story behind Vanished Army is it was written just After WWI as a memorial to English soldiers lost in battle. Surprisingly, Kenneth J.Alford was a pseudonym, not his real name. I think the site was Windband.com.

Kevin

MIkeDuffy2002.jpg

6 pages of thread and no mention of "McDuffy's March?"

Or " Barnum and Baily's Favorite March" by the great brass line of the Argonne Rebels ( in '69,'70,'71,'72 )