1975 North Tonowanda Open

Rocketman - I was still with the Patriots when Chet brought John and a few others over from Sharpsburg.  And yes, there were two or three that were 'hardened'.  We were warned by Chet to tread lightly, although they were pretty cool guys once you got to know them.

Did they happen to bring along two guys (bus drivers) name Larry and (not Moe) can't remember the other guys name off hand. My first/ex wife marched that year with Derry (76)!

Rocketman - Bringing back the 70's

ampssuck

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope. We already had our two bus drivers - Ron and Don Koval. Twins, both chiropractors by day, school bus and drum corps drivers by night. The preshow 'adjustments' were great. Didn't help with the scores, but you felt so good you just didn't care.

Ex-wife's name?? Bet I have a picture of her somewhere in the drum corps box.

Ex-wife's name??  Bet I have a picture of her somewhere in the drum corps box.

Denise - she marched Royal Crusaders after Patriots!

You wouldn't happen to have any Cadets pictures would you?

Rocketmaniac

ampssuck

Edited by Rocketman

I don't think we sucked that bad that they don't have a score for us!  I know we were there, I bought a T-Shirt saying NT Open and had some kind of little picture...

It was the little guy sleeping under a tree dreaming of the first place trophy

Keith, that's right!!! It was a little guy under a tree dreaming of 1st place. I remember I wore that shirt until it went to my mother's rag pile! I sure miss the good 'ole days!

Rocketman, sorry for my stupidity... I agree, Oscar should have continued in corps and gained the recognition he deserved. I know he chose the professional route playing in numerous bands, e.g., polka, rock, or wherever he could make a buck. Good for him. Hope you guys have a great time at you reunion. By the way, tell Oscar I said hi.