Things We'd Like to See

I would like to see a junior corps represent Western NY (Buffalo/Niagara Falls area).

I would like to see a Junior corps in Sarasota, FL

I would to see drum corps thrive again

I would like to see if St. Malachy's predictions/visions will be right about the 112 Popes. We are on 111 right now. Look it up. I am sure to tick someone off hehehehehehehe

I would like to see all girl corps make a comeback too.

Add your own

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see guards go back to more equipment work and less dance and "emoting".

I'd like to see the guard wear uniforms again, instead of "costumes".

I'd like to see less classical music and more music for the people.

I'd like for corps themselves to stop having to issue "liner notes" when they announce their show. If you can't convey it with drill, music and choreography, you're not conveying it to the audience.

I'd like to see electronics in the pit, keyboards and guitars.

I'd eventually like to see WW added to the field, and corps sizes expanded to accommodate that, up to 175 or so.

Mike

"Drum Corps Worst Nightmare":

"See Above".

Sounds like George Hopkins. The LAST thing "Junior Drum Corps" (or rather whats left of it) needs is what is offered above. There already are MANY Marching Band competitive associations (TOB, USSBA, BOA etc) fro the Fall and Winter.

We don't really need or want one in the Summer. If that should happen, kiss the "Junior" activity (and us) "Bye Bye".

Elphaba

"Drum Corps Worst Nightmare":

"See Above".

Sounds like George Hopkins.  The LAST thing "Junior Drum Corps" (or rather whats left of it) needs is what is offered above.  There already are MANY Marching Band competitive associations (TOB, USSBA, BOA etc) fro the Fall and Winter.

We don't really need or want one in the Summer.  If that should happen, kiss the "Junior" activity (and us) "Bye Bye".

Elphaba

I thought this thread was to say what we wanted to see...not trash what other people say.

Mike

I'd like to see guards go back to more equipment work and less dance and "emoting".

I'd like to see the guard wear uniforms again, instead of "costumes".

I'd like to see less classical music and more music for the people.

I'd like for corps themselves to stop having to issue "liner notes" when they announce their show. If you can't convey it with drill, music and choreography, you're not conveying it to the audience.

:worthy::music::worthy:

I like a certain amount of choreography, but when they just stand there and wave their arms and don't really do much, it's a waste of talent.

I also don't care for most uniform changes.

Some corps need to work on making equipment changes more easily and quickly. The Cavaliers are great at that. Those guys change equipment in like 3 seconds!!!

I felt like a few guards spent more time on the sideline than on the field. (I know they didn't, just felt that way.)

Shawn:

Yes, I should have made that clearer. I'm all for choreography, but not "emoting"...

I wanna see some equipment work!

I'd like to see more TRADITION brought back to the field.

TRADITION'S like full retreats and corps playing themselves off the field and saluting the champions!!

I'd like to see more military style of drill with a modern twist. (Not have the drum line march up and down the 50 yard line)

Less emotion on the field, it's mostly fake emotions anyway by the colour guard.

Bring back the starters pistol!!

These are just a few of my opinions! B)

I thought this thread was to say what we wanted to see...not trash what other people say.

Mike

This forum is about DRUM CORPS not MARCHING BAND, electronics in the pit??? Thats why you march in MARCHING BAND! No woodwinds no electronics, DRUMS and BUGLES!!!! Thats why it's called DRUM and BUGLE CORPS!!! :music: