Classic Countdown Vote Totals

As I was watching the vote totals at the end of the broadcast I thought of something. I wonder what ALL the totals were. I mean, 1974 SCV could have been technically the second place vote getter, but due to 1989 SCV being higher '74 was left off the list. I would be interested in seeing the total vote list. How many times did SCV or BD or whoever actually make the "top twelve" in the vote?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember 27th Lancers came above Boston! :P but I thought of all these drum corps fans that show up at finals that SCV's total of 3900 something was pretty lame, for all the hype we hear about numbers in attendance.

Also someone only got 300 something which I thought was odd as well.... :blink: More promotion for next time seems to be the key here....Where were all the fans that went to finals for this? Do they just not care about DCI during the off season?

Edited by Lancerlady

More promotion for next time seems to be the key here....Where were all the fans that went to finals for this? Do they just not care about DCI during the off season?

More promotion is the key. Many of us were not aware until after the voting was closed. Now I know to look for it next year.

I second the wondering what the totals were for all nominees.

Gail Perrin

If I remember this correctly.....

1. SCV 1989

2. Scouts 1975

3. Cavies 2002

4. Star 1991

5. Blue Devils 1976

6. Cadets 2000

7. Phantom regiment 1996

8. Kingsmen 1974

9. 27th Lanceers 1980

10. Boston Crusaders 2000

11. Spirit of Atlanta 1980

12. Velvet Knight 1992

I can remember 27th Lancers came above Boston! :P  but I thought of all these drum corps fans that show up at finals that SCV's total of 3900 something was pretty lame, for all the hype we hear about numbers in attendance.

Also someone only got 300 something which I thought was odd as well.... :blink: More promotion for next time seems to be the key here....Where were all the fans that went to finals for this? Do they just not care about DCI during the off season?

I can remember 27th Lancers came above Boston! :P  but I thought of all these drum corps fans that show up at finals that SCV's total of 3900 something was pretty lame, for all the hype we hear about numbers in attendance.

Vk got 300 votes...to me that means that there were a lot of votes placed in the 90s for Cavies, SCV, BD, Madison, and Phantom years other than 96, but their other shows that made the show lineup cancelled them out, leaving VK.

In the 80s, Spirit had 900+ and 27 had what, 1300+? If SCV had over 3000, then there were obviously a lot of cancelled out votes leaving 27 and Spirit to be able to be seen.

Some of the corps shown could have been WAY down the list of actual votes in their respective decades, but because of the limit of only one showing per corps, they made the cut.

Edited by ssorrell