Your Corps best staff

Although '93 was the best contra line I was ever in, 1990 was the best performing group I was marched.

Director: Ted Swaldo

Program Coord: Larry Hershman

Visual: Tim Ochran & Sly Sybilski

Brass: Bill Hamilton, Dave Roher, Marty Hollister (one of the Bluecoats most underrated instructors ever)

Percussion: Rob Muller was caption head, but there were other guys like Glenn "Turtle" Carter and Bruce McConnell that really made things musical

Guard: Ed Castelli, does anyone not love this guy?

DW

For the Memphis Blues, I will try to remember as best I can:

Horn techs-Cecil-( can't remember his last name, I think it was Austin)

Randy Isoda

Arranger for brass the wonderful Ken Normanwho gave F Horns and mellos great parts... :beer:

Drill techs-Jim Paradise I just can't remember every body...

For the 27th Lancers 1986

Michael Cesario redesigned the uniforms.

Zingali-drill writer, instructor, consultant

Marc Sylvester did some teching too in between they went back and forth with Star I think that year...

Color Guard I think Denise B. and Darlene helped out with Patty Poole, I can't remember if their management position went in with teaching..(Getting old sucks) :)

Drums-Charlie Poole

Arrangement by Frank Dorrite-I just loved this man he was so good to us.

Tom Lizotte horn line, he is one of my all time favorite instructors and people in drum corps besides Kevin..because they helped me to achieve being the best I could be in playing and marching. :huh: As well as George Zingali...

drill techs Kevin Kernan and John Bodie helped out ( I might be getting John confused with 85) :blink:

I was very blessed in 1986... :)

Edited by Lancerlady

• 13 years later...
On 5/3/2005 at 3:57 PM, danguernsey said:

1975 Madison Scouts

Director: Bill Howard

Program coordinator/head brass instructor: Jim Elvord

Brass arranger: Ray Baumgardt

Brass instructors: Jim Elvord (head), Craig Aswegan, Tom MacInvalle

Percussion arranger: Bruce Lages

Percussion instructors: Mike Madigan and Lyle Siggelkow

Head drill designer: David St. Angel

M&M staff: Paul Litteau, Joe Miller, Phinis Horton, Charlie Maas, Rick Elvord, Karson Klund, and Frank Godfrey, with Bob Wenderski as special drill consultant.

Head color guard instructor: Jeff Knupp

Head guard designers: Sal Salas and John Michaelson

Dan, what's your source for this? Just wondering. Thanks!

Since I didn't read this thread when it first came out...LOL... and since I can't speak for my junior corps days... our "staff" for our local-circuit corps consisted basically of one person doing brass and marching and another guy on percussion...LOL... if I may speak to my time with DCA's Sunrisers, 1977-82, the period when the corps won its first three DCA titles:

As a horn player, my favorite "brass staff" years were:

1978.... Pete Franceschina (caption head), Tom McCarthy (teacher), John Arietano (brass arranger and teacher). High Brass at DCA Finals that year, and a perfect 10 in Brass GE... the first in DCA history.  A great staff.  

1982: Dennis Dewey (caption head), Bob Pearson (teacher), John Arietano (arranger and teacher).  We didn't take the brass trophy that year... but, thanks to our staff,  our horn line was a consistent contender after a rough offseason (we had something like 20-21 horns at drill rehearsals less than two months before our first show... yikes)... and as a corps, we won our third DCA title. So... a great "comeback summer" for us.  

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1