Your Corps best staff

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

S

1982: Dennis Dewey (caption head), Bob Pearson (teacher), John Arietano (arranger and teacher).  We didn't take the brass trophy that year... but, thanks to our staff,  our horn line was a consistent contender after a rough offseason (we had something like 20-21 horns at drill rehearsals less than two months before our first show... yikes)... and as a corps, we won our third DCA title. So... a great "comeback summer" for us.  

I marched with Dennis in Garfield from 70-72. Great baritone horn player and great person. John was the West Windsor-Plainsboro arranger for a long time. Attended many a staff design meeting at the director's house that included John. A wonderful person, with some of the best stories.  

13 hours ago, MikeD said:

I marched with Dennis in Garfield from 70-72. Great baritone horn player and great person. John was the West Windsor-Plainsboro arranger for a long time. Attended many a staff design meeting at the director's house that included John. A wonderful person, with some of the best stories.  

John was certainly one of a kind, and that's putting it mildly.  LOL.  I still miss him. It was so cool playing his stuff with Sun. He really challenged his midrange players with some great charts. He would use our French horn line as either an upper baritone voice, a lower mellophone voice, or our own voice... and often all three during the same song. Made it fun!!!

Dennis is back with Sun.... and is doing a great job working with the young players they now have.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Been awhile since I’ve been here, but no question from the technical to the mental side, our staff from ‘75-‘80 was top notch.

Brass Arranger/Instructor....Wayne Downey, Jim Ott, Jack Meehan, Frank Dorritie

Percussion Arranger/Instructors............Rick Odello, Ron Menke

Marching/Drill Design..........Mel Stratton, Mike Moxley, Steve Beard

Guard................................. Shirley Stratton (Dorritie), Paula Beard

• Like 1