Vintage T Shirts

ohbaby

Oh, also, my hubby has a Del shirt from 1973.... can you beat that one???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SCV snarline shirt (from the 80s) has been brought back.  My daughter wore the "orginal" one at this past DCI in Denver.  I musta been some skinny dude in drum corps because it was a small and it fit her well.  She got lots of complements for it.  I tried to get her to wear my black Montreal shirt, but she didn't like black.  I have "TONS" of old drum corps shirts in the hopes of my kids wearing them (about 2 boxes of them to be exact).  I'd buy them again if someone were to come out with a "retro" line of corps shirts.

I still wear that one, athough it has shrunk over the years. (I DID NOT GET BIGGER, oh yeah, I did)

Oh, also, my hubby has a Del shirt from 1973.... can you beat that one???

THAT"S a classic-hard to beat that one!!

My oldest one that I can find is one of the SCV "Animal" drumline shirts from the 70's.

74 or 75 if I remember correctly :)

Yeah, I have that one....he's playing a tympani. It's a baseball jersey with blue sleeves. I have many Blue Devil T-Shirts from that era......many that were never worn.

In fact the last two years that I marched, my boyfriend (now husband) purchased one of every top 12 corps.....packed them up and to this they they have never been worn. Someday we should put those on Ebay.  B)

PayPal or credit card? I'll send you my acct. info!! b**bs

I have a 1979 Spirit of Atlanta Tee Shirt. It is one that people in Spirit would not remember. I just have to find the dang thing again. It is dark blue and has the skyline of Atlanta in glitter on it. I took it to an alum thing and put it in the boot. Now I can't find it. I have it here someplace.

I would *LOVE* to see some of the corps "re-issue" some of their classic t-shirt designs. I know this has happened occasionally over the years. I got a nice old-fashioned Garfield shirt five years ago or so. But seriously, a lot of the shirts you see at the corps souvie stands today are just plain ugly in my opinion. Is it too much to ask for a simple, plain shirt with just the corps name and logo on it?

Wow, The Bridgemen have some very nice swag. Not to take away from the classic logo t-shirt, but check out some of their other items!