G-Men doumbeks?

Allegro

I seem to remember Glassmen mounting a doumbek on the side of each of their snares a few years back. Anybody have any idea what type of doumbek they used (plastic heads?) and how they mounted it. Or maybe somebody else has tried it with success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gracias.

Allegro

I think PC used them in a portion of their show last year, but held as originally designed, not mounted to another drum.

I've seen some ####### amazing doumbek players when I go to belly dance fairs with my wife (who makes & sells jewelry to dancers)....some guys, I SWEAR, are playing flam drags with their #### fingers!

I think PC used them in a portion of their show last year, but held as originally designed, not mounted to another drum.

I've seen some ####### amazing doumbek players when I go to belly dance fairs with my wife (who makes & sells jewelry to dancers)....some guys, I SWEAR, are playing flam drags with their #### fingers!

You can't play flam drags with your fingers?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, Glassmen mounted doumbeks to their snares in 2002. I'm not sure exactly what thype they use, but I'm sure they were from Pearl (sponsor). All I know for sure is that Kevin Namaky is the one that figured out how to mount them, by Colin's request. SO, if anyone has an email for Kevin (who is now a Pearl rep) you could email him and ask him.

Btw, they've got roto-toms strapped on this year.