2005 Memorial Brass Concert REVIEW

Is the whistling tune by Cadets called Twisted Nerve, by chance?

Cadets started off with a sextet playing "William Tell Overture" and got into a playful stage drill, when they were rudely interrupted by the full brass line coming in from all angles playing Jethro Tull.  The crowd loved it!  They played in the aisles and in the seats. 

they actually played moondance from the 2001 show, not jethro tull stuff.

Is the whistling tune by Cadets called Twisted Nerve, by chance?

yea, it's the tune that the girl with the eye patch whistles when she's on her way to kill beatrix kiddo (i think that's what her name was) in the hospital

yea, it's the tune that the girl with the eye patch whistles when she's on her way to kill beatrix kiddo (i think that's what her name was) in the hospital

The Nurse (played by Darryl Hannah) is the woman with the eye patch you refer to. She's on her way to kill The Bride a.k.a. Beatrix Kiddo a.k.a. Black Mamba a.k.a. Mommy (a.k.a. Uma Thurman). :D

Twisted Nerve is the original movie which this tune comes from. The music was composed by Bernard Hermann which never seems to do bad in the drum corps world.

Twisted Nerve

they actually played moondance from the 2001 show, not jethro tull stuff.

Sorry, I'm terrible at the names of tunes... it was so familiar to me that it sounded like something from last year. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a recording of the Cadets' show from the concert and was extremely impressed by what they'll be bringing to the field. A couple little performance problems here and there (phasing in the beginning between the whistling and pit), but otherwise they sound in excellent shape.

I did think that the "Nerve" section seemed a bit too fast overall- in the film it's slower and more ominous. Also, the drum section after New World felt cluttered and didn't really fit in with the rest of the show. But otherwise, I was blown away, and I fully expect Cadets to contend for the title this year with this show.