1987 Velvet Knights Sex Cymbals

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the 80's big frizzy hair days...NOT!

:P

Anyways, I don't that would go over in today's society. Unfortunate, but probably true. If I were to create a VK sex cymbal line, it would be in the janet jackson "wardrobe malfunction" outfit and to modify the outfits, of course. I would have the wardrobe malfunction be a part of the show (of course, not baring the breasts underneath), but use it as a form of GE. The "accidental wardrobe malfunction" piece would actually be a breast plate, which when it falls, the snare could use like those little chime discs (like BD used like year) as a musical general effect. Now what GE that would be!

LancerLady: Ain't nuttin' wrong with getting old, considering the alternative. Whatcha wanna do is get old HEALTHY!!! I'm pushing 60 and I still surf over 325 mornings a year and manage to stay in the top percentiles of fitness for ANYONE, not just my age bracket.

Get off the couch, y'all, lose the excess fat, live long and fit! I always told my middle-age physical fitness clients, when asked what I was training for so hard, "I'm training for old age."

You know the stats on overweight in America by now. Sadly, healthy people are now the minority and fat is the norm.

Go beat the odds.

End of lecture.

RON HOUSLEY

Anyways, I don't that would go over in today's society. Unfortunate, but probably true.

Why so? It's just legs. I've seen jr. high majorettes wearing a lot less than VK's "sex cymbals" ever did.

this thread can be closed!!

all of us here in the historical section already know about these photos!

i started this thread in the junior corps section so some of todays marching members who may never look in the historical section would be aware that these great photos exist! :)

that way they could see their own corps and how they looked way back or corps that their corps may have competed against who are long gone!

just thought they might want to see their history! :P

but a Mod moved it to the historical section, where we all already know all about the photos thread, so it is not doing any good here! <**>

so Mod, if you are reading, please close this thread, no need for it here!

40244.jpg

Now, this is something that definitely needs to make a comeback.

2COOLVK, indeed.  ^0^

"VK's Sex Cymbols":

Thanks. A great re-visit to the days when (some) of the DCI juniors still had a personality.....

Elphaba

I thought the "Sex Cymbals" were just an incredible bunch...not just pretty (with fabulous legs!), but very talented musicians, too! They did not show them enough on the 87 Legacy DVD.

A treasure of drum corps, indeed.

Hopefully my wife won't read this. :blink: I remember sitting at that Sacramento show that I told Ryan about on another thread with a look on my face like this b**bs when I saw the "cymbal line" and wondering if this was the type of show my mom should have taken a little 13 year old hormonal teeny bopper to.

40244.jpg

Now, this is something that definitely needs to make a comeback.

Except the 80's big hair . . .