Gettysburg Show

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets unis are terrible.  First of all - it's a travesty to change their uniforms.  Second of all - they muddy the visual terrible from the side - it's impossible to read any curved form marching. 

I'd have to see them in context, but in the pictures the uniforms look just plain awful. I'm guessing it's has something to do with the "Mirror" part of the show. It is disturbing to see this classic uniform changed like that.

I'd have to see them in context, but in the pictures the uniforms look just plain awful.  I'm guessing it's has something to do with the "Mirror" part of the show.  It is disturbing to see this classic uniform changed like that.

Don't you know: "tradition" is suddenly a four letter word

err - they look fine from the front. The "front/back" effect is utilized a lot during the show and is VERY cool (especially once it's cleaned) but the general marching around in them looks terrible when you see them from various angles in forms across the field...

I am sure they will get the corps cleaned very well by finals left to right so that it will look effective from the 50 and the press (judge's) box - but unfortunately from angels across the stadium it looks like crap - very hard to read from the sides of the uni

Hopkin's wrote once that "the year he changed the uniform would be his last as Director" - I know it was meant in jest... But time will tell.

Some things should be left alone. Put the guard in front/back mirror uniforms - leave the darn corps proper alone. (or at LEAST address the shako, plume, shoes, gloves, etc)

Edited by George

Looking at the pics, I can't believe that the last corps to hold true to a time honored uniform has done this. Call me old fashioned, or for that matter anything else you would like, but it is cheesey to say the least. I did not attend, but essentially they look like clown costumes.

Those Cadets uniforms are horrible, I cant believe that they did that.

So are the buckles on the back supposed to be on the 3rd stripe down, 4th, or in the middle of both. Front is on the 3rd stripe, and everyone has that right.

Crossmen show is very much patterned after last year's Crown show.  Doesn't seem like a finalist-bound design.  Honestly - the design level reminds me of an ok TOB band.  I am sure the kids are working hard... and the long closer should prove popular as the summer rolls on... Someone owes Crown a franchise fee.. :)

First off, I disagree with your characterization of Crossmen's show with respect to Crown, but if such is true how it is Crown finished 7th with their design but this design isn't a "finalist-bound design"?

Second "ok TOB band"? How about waiting until there are more pieces in place before throwing out the insulting comments. They've only been at camp since Memorial Day and the first competive show is more than two weeks away.

cid_X.jpg

Is this their new uniform that you're talking about? :worthy:

Personally I don't like it...If it ain't broke...

(about the Cadet's uniforms...)

Well, they are different. Umm...I don't like them in the pictures. I guess I will just have to wait and see them in person. But, my first reaction was...ick!