Gettysburg Show

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cid_X.jpg

Is this their new uniform that you're talking about?  :worthy:

Personally I don't like it...If it ain't broke...

(Putting on the flame proof suit) The picture looks better than what I saw from the stands. Looked kinda cheesy from the 5 yard line, halfway up the stands. Wonder what it looks like in a big stadium.

the back looks like its just pinned on

Velcro, actually.

First off, I disagree with your characterization of Crossmen's show with respect to Crown, but if such is true how it is Crown finished 7th with their design but this design isn't a "finalist-bound design"?

Second "ok TOB band"? How about waiting until there are more pieces in place before throwing out the insulting comments. They've only been at camp since Memorial Day and the first competive show is more than two weeks away.

well - it is patterned after last year's Crown show - from a programming standpoint... The level of demand isn't up to last year's Crown - neither is the drill staging - just the layout of the show resembles it (music selections, flow). Obviously it is trying to make Paradise by the Dashboard Light this years Bohemian Rap... Time will tell on that one...

Re the "tob band" comment - I was speaking from a design standpoint. The drill and arrangements are a bloody mess. I realize they will get *much* better as the season rolls on - but from a design standpoint it is subpar. IMHO the members deserve better.

The Xmen sure looked like team-b tonight.  The difference was staggering.

I went to the Cadets and Crossmen preview last year in Allentown and thought the same thing. I really thought Crossmen would be sitting on the sideline Saturday night during DCI week.....boy was I wrong. I think the Crossmen will be in the finals up in Boston.......

Triple Forte

I went to the Cadets and Crossmen preview last year in Allentown and thought the same thing.  I really thought Crossmen would be sitting on the sideline Saturday night during DCI week.....boy was I wrong.  I think the Crossmen will be in the finals up in Boston.......

Triple Forte

Hope you're right and I do realize the show will improve dramatically. And I've been to Gettysburg every year the Cadets/Xmen have been going there so I'm prepared for early season shows. I was just bowled over by the difference between the two corps this year.

Re: Cadet Unis

The tops don't bother me so much. Kind of reminds of the old Boston uniform only with white on the back instead of black. It's the pants. Think about how hard it is to clean feet when you have a stripe on the pants.....just a thin stripe. Now you basically have the entire back side of the pants a different color which means we are going to see every flaw in every move in every set 10 fold.

All I've got to say is they better have great technique and clean form. They can do it, I'm just skeptical. I'm just wondering if the judges will have the stones to score what they see/read with this uniform. What do you do if you are a judge and you see the Cavies in their black pants (and their uniform hides more dirt than a herd of elephants sleeping in a desert) then the Cadets (and every single technical, spacial, and foot flaw from every individual). Cavies "looked" cleaner. But were they? Will perception be reality or will they start looking closer at other corps (mostly Cavs and BD) feet? Interesting......

As for changing the uniform....I have to agree with the traditionalists. It's a perfect uniform, why mess with it. It's been perfect for 50+ year. Classic, classy, clean, and stylish in any generation. I would say the same thing about the Devils old uniform style (their Fred J. Miller look is tired, common, and panders to marketing instead of a quality look.....I digress).

hmmmmm...

in regards to the uniform change. Though I would not come out and say that I particulary like the uniform... I think it is great for the type of show they are performing. The whole surrealism/mirrors/different feel fits with the uniform I think.

Tacky? yes...

Effective? of course...

Whether or not you like the uniform... you will talk about it and you will go see them. So buy your freakin' tickets, (if you hate the unis) suffer through the 13 minutes and then wait till next year, because unless they do another surrealist show... I don't think these unis will work.

Kudos to the cadets for altering your uniform to be something NO ONE ELSE HAS... wait... isn't that what the people who complain that today's unis all look the same wanted?

Love you 'dets... see you in Toledo.