• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like....are they coming or are they going?  :music:

:tic:

:worthy:

ampssuck

If the change in the unis is justified by the visual performance, then we really don't have much to complain about. I too love the Cadets traditional uniform. But if it works, it works ...

Separately, what does it say about us that we're discussing the uniform and not the mics? Could it be we're more accepting now of A&E? Or are the uniforms just that big a shock?

HH

Separately, what does it say about us that we're discussing the uniform and not the mics? Could it be we're more accepting now of A&E? Or are the uniforms just that big a shock?

The uniforms are a big shock, but I don't think that is what is keeping people from discussing amp use by the Cadets. It's just that no one is surprised by it.

The unis were a surprise, especially once you realized it was had a "front on the back". :P I was on the 10 yard line and was really seeing the side of the show. I couldn't tell how effective it looked from the front.

From waaay at the end I only noticed the amps twice. Once during the warm up when something that sounded like AM Radio came (loudly) blaring thru. Couldn't tell if it was planned or an Ooops. Other time was the Scat singing partway thru the show. IMO, the scatting can be dropped, amps or no amps, as it overshadowed what else was going on.

Edit ('cause I just thought of it) - If another corps had gone to the "double front look" :P doubt if it would have caused as much as a stir. Remember the Cadets "look" has gone thru very slight changes in the last 50+ years. One comment I heard was "Why mess so much with a classic look".

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

HH

They don't actually use the mics very much in the show. And the scat is not singing *or* narration<g>!

Another interesting thing they did with the electronics during the "extra stuff" after the show was give the guard a CD soundtrack to which they performed some dance and equipment work. Kind of like WGI but on a football field. I thought it was nice to see the guard get some acknowledgment in this way. Don't know whether this will be part of their standard "victory concert" routine or not.

If the change in the unis is justified by the visual performance, then we really don't have much to complain about. I too love the Cadets traditional uniform. But if it works, it works ...

HH

No! I'm not more accepting of amps.