Corps. you loved to hate

I was on the opposite end of the spectrum.  I was in the corps others loved to hate  :P

We only beat BD a few times, but it was quite satisfying when we did. I distinctly remember Whitewater 81. You guys made quite a scene playing yourselves off the field. If only we'd been able to sustain our momentum through to Nationals. :(

Edited by vferrera

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only beat BD a few times, but it was quite satisfying when we did.

Yeah...I think we only topped you guys twice. The first and last time we saw you that year. Everything inbetween had you guys on top.

I distinctly remember Whitewater 81. You guys made quite a scene playing yourselves off the field.

We were in complete shock at the loss. We thought we had that one in the bag. I remember we played Dindi coming off the field.....well....part of it anyway :worthy:

If only we'd been able to sustain our momentum through to Nationals. sad.gif

Yeah...you guys were smokin in 81 and definitely had the momentum until SCV started their climb that year.

81 was an incredibly competitive year.

'02. We were out for Magic's blood that year.

Cap Reg: The PEOPLE'S Div 2 2002 Champ! B)

When I marched in the 1977 Anaheim Kingsmen we were always on the heels of the Seneca Optimist and Garfield, at least as far as I was concerned...It was Spirit of Atlanta's first season and they were very impressive for a first year corps....they of course went on to greener pastures in the years to follow, even though we beat them a few times that year, but in my opinion, we were after Garfield for that finals spot.

In 1977, I hated with a passion...AVANTE GARDE, or whatever their name was !! <_<

Rob!!!!

:worthy:

In 1977, I hated with a passion...AVANTE GARDE, or whatever their name was !! <_<

Nothing personal Brian, but we thought Avant Garde, what a stupid name for a drum corps!!! The thing that ###### us off was that we could never gain any ground on you guys!!! We'd gain three points, you'd gain three and a half points!!

That's not frustrating????? :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

Nothing personal Brian, but we thought Avant Garde, what a stupid name for a drum corps!!! The thing that ###### us off was that we could never gain any ground on you guys!!!  We'd gain three points, you'd gain three and a half points!!

That's not frustrating?????  :sshh:  :sshh:  :sshh:  :sshh:  :sshh:  :sshh:  :sshh:

:spit: Rob we all thought it was stupid to, until we read what it meant. It grew on us. Sorry about that that extra 1/2 point thing. Believe me when I say that the gaining points didn't last the whole year LOL

The Freelancers!!!!!!

With Dimension:

1989: Les Balladins de St-Luc

1990: Illuzion de St-Hubert

1991: Les Sénateurs de l'Ancienne-Lorette

1992: Académie Musicale, Les Sénateurs de l'Ancienne-Lorette

1993: Les Sénateurs de l'Ancienne-Lorette, Les Mousquetaires de LaBaie

1994: L'Insolite, Cardinals

1995: Spartans, Les Étoiles

1996: Les Étoiles, Spartans

With Les Étoiles (who I hated.... go figure...):

1998: Pioneer