Corps. you loved to hate

Of course it's all good!

But an advise... Don't take for granted that a French-speaking corps does not understand English during retreats...  B)

A few members of your corps were particularly rude at the first show we met that year where we got our ### spanked...

We did love competition too !

Oh, although I'm convinced Pioneer has class, unfortunatly not all members have class. Funny story.... (here comes grandpa again). Since I come from the Netherlands, I was the only person in the corps that spoke and understood four languages including French. In 1995 we were lining up for retreat. Members of Les Etoiles and Academie Musical were talking (french ofcourse) about Pioneer. So I sorta answered in french and they were in TOTAL SHOCK. I told them it was OK, but if they could mind their language a bit. I talked with these people a bit after the show and it was good fun. Some Pioneer member were standing around the Academie/Les Etoiles group and me listening and not understanding one word of it. They asked what we were talking about and me and the Academie guy right away answered 'You' at the same time......funny.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few members of your corps were particularly rude at the first show we met that year where we got our ### spanked...

And on behalf of the whole 1998 corps, my apologies for that. That is not Pioneer CLass as we try to reflect as an organization.....but you find ignorant people anywhere unfortunatly...

At 1st for me it was the Cardinals of Precious Blood. Then it became the Flying Dutchmen (our parent corps). Go figure, eh. Then we amalgamated and became The Northstar. Sorry if this is politically incorrect for the NYO but history is history...and history it is!!!

Oh yeah.... Cardinals.... also, in Crusaders, Offensive Lions were a favorite to despise......

• 2 weeks later...
And on behalf of the whole 1998 corps, my apologies for that. That is not Pioneer CLass as we try to reflect as an organization.....but you find ignorant people anywhere unfortunatly...

Hey don't worry about it. It happened all the time with a lot of different corps.

I don't know how the corps felt, but in the Cavaliers colorguard we wanted to beat Phantom's colorguard. Loved hangin around with them on tour, but every time we competed against other, we wanted to beat their colorguard. This extended from the field to WGI.

• 2 weeks later...

Spirit's most notorious rival in the 80s was none other than Suncoast Sound. Both corps wanted to dominate the south. It is odd that when we had a weak year in 82, Suncoast was beginning to make their mark towards the top 12 and we traded spots with them in the last two weeks of the season. Then in 83, both corps jumped up and fought it out all season. We stayed neck and neck througout 1984, 85, 86, 87, and 88. It was a long and intense rivalry, but fun no less.

Suncoast...man could those guys play!

This is a cool post! Like sports, any team that wins more than once I, most of the time, dislike. When BD won it the second time I didn't like them. Same for Garfield (Cadets) and even Cavies. It would be nice to see different champions every year and NOT the same top 12. But that would never happen.

Bluecoats and Blue Knights, of course. Then there were the Cavies. We couldn't stand them either. Yes. The yardline wars were fun. :worthy: b**bs

I still don't care for the Bluecoats, or Blue Knights, but I did get used to the Cavies. It turns out that they had an awesome show that year, all bias aside. :P

Edited by ravedodger

Back in 1968 and 1969, it had to be the Boston Crusaders. St. Lucy's and Boston together in a show was not good!!! They hated us and we hated them. The Battle at Bridgeport in 1968 was nasty and somewhat scary.

Time has come and gone. When I was with Cabs Alumni, I always wondered how many in the Boston Crusaders Senior were in the Crusaders in 1968 and 1969.