Corps. you loved to hate

Bluecoats and Blue Knights, of course. Then there were the Cavies. We couldn't stand them either. Yes. The yardline wars were fun. :ph34r: b**bs

I still don't care for the Bluecoats, or Blue Knights, but I did get used to the Cavies. It turns out that they had an awesome show that year, all bias aside. :P

Not really mutual at Bluecoats during that era. Probably due to more regional rivalry. There was a some serious baggage at 'coats when I joined (90) regarding Suncoast Sound ... mostly historical issues from 88, if I remember correctly.

When I marched, we were always gunning for Madison and Crossmen. Although, at the time, there was not much animosity for the Crossmen.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my time marching was in the Madison Scouts Jr. Corps. The corps that comes to mind for me after all these years was the Windjammers out of Port Washington, WI. It seems like they always beat us by just “that” much. Man, I hated that.

In the Scouts I think the biggest rivals were the Kilts and Cavies because of proximity. Now, in my year with the Scouts (1975), I can honestly say that we wanted to crush everyone equally.

My first year was '75, and we totally OWNED the Windjammers!!!!!!!! b**bs

• 1 month later...
Not really mutual at Bluecoats during that era. Probably due to more regional rivalry. There was a some serious baggage at 'coats when I joined (90) regarding Suncoast Sound ... mostly historical issues from 88, if I remember correctly.

When I marched, we were always gunning for Madison and Crossmen. Although, at the time, there was not much animosity for the Crossmen.

Yes, there was VERY bad blood between us and Suncoast in '88. We were beating them all season (head to head and from same day scores from different shows) until the last show before finals week, then they beat us. And of course they beat us when it counted, in finals. I recall our sectional leader almost getting into a fight with one of the Suncoast snareline during retreat at that last show before finals week. We didn't get along with Spirit that year also. '87 was the same way with Suncoast and Spirit. I'm not too sure a few of the corps back then liked the Bluecoats beating them, because who were the Bluecoats anyway? We also had similar problems in '86 with corps like Florida Wave, Les Eclipse, and Dutch Boy. They didn't like the competition they were getting from these Bluecoat people.

My friend that marched in the Madison Scouts mid 80's used to say "I not only hate the Cavaliers, I hate each and every Cavalier personally!"

Good times!

:P

Do you need me to sing you the "Madison Men" song we used to sing in the Cavies in the early 80s???

^0^

Do you need me to sing you the "Madison Men" song we used to sing in the Cavies in the early 80s???

^0^

I do....was the men in quotes?

Good times.... B)

in 1981 and 1982 we wanted to beat North Star at home,

but could only do it occasionally on tour.

In 1970 and 1971 the Appleknockers and the Milford (CT) Shoreliners were very close. In 1971 we moved past the Shoreliners. They weren't happy and let us know it!

Edited by Geneva

My first year was '75, and we totally OWNED the Windjammers!!!!!!!! b**bs

Ah, sweet redemption! My recollection is that the ’75 Junior Scouts were very good and started a great run for the Junior Corps.