DCI Omaha (6/22)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent stuff.  I can't wait to see Phantom in Stockton next week.  You know, drum corps season is the only time I get jealous of all you mid-westerners.  That's ok.  Finals 2007 baby!!!

Finals is in Madison in '06, where is it in '07 (DCI has planned that far in advance??)?

DW

and Phantom tied everything up with their encore performance. Can anybody fill me in on what that first, really fast and loud piece was? I've never heard it before but it was really impressive.

The first piece Phantom played for their encore was the opener from their Spartacus show in 1982. I highly recommend you find a recording of it. Classic Phantom Regiment. :worthy:

Shawn

Edited by plugcatcher

How would you like to be the parents of the girl in Madison?  "Mom, Dad, I'm going to spend my summer on a tour bus with 134 guys, and their all male staff."  I'm sure Madison has this all worked out, but as the parent of a daughter I can't imagine what (initially) went through Dad's head!  Haha.    After thinking about it I'm sure they are proud parents of an incredible performer (all I hear about is how good she is).

DW

Haha, my friends and I were discussing along those lines. We were talking about how either A) she is going to be...very...hit on, or B) that, judging on how she dressed, danced, etc., and touring with an all male group, there is no way she can still have her...*ahem*...

Aaaanyways, one thing I forgot to write about Madison was at points in the show the guard would shout randomly and the crowd and I had absolutely no idea what was being said. Insight?

That review was great!  The one thing that came out of the review on the Colts that keeps coming out in everyone elses reviews is that the Colts visual book does not seem very difficult.  I trust the drill is at least pleasant to look at!  At least it seems they are executing what they have been given pretty well.  They got a 7.x in visual execution if I'm not mistaken.

I saw the Colts in Menomonie and the drill was very strong from and EX stand point, but not that challenging. If they make the necessary (IMHO) changes to the drill the Colts could challenge for a finalist spot. They horn line was very strong and I really enjoyed the show.

SSSSSSSSSPPARTACUS!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding?????????

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, my friends and I were discussing along those lines. We were talking about how either A) she is going to be...very...hit on, or B) that, judging on how she dressed, danced, etc., and touring with an all male group, there is no way she can still have her...*ahem*...

uhm, yeah, i really don't think she will have too much to worry about with most of the men of madison... :worthy:

Excellent informative review! Thank you so much for the details! I was wondering how Madison was portraying the Carmen theme and you told me! Not bad for a sax player... :P (Just kidding). You should do more writing...for sure.

I also enjoy the way you described all the shows..Thanks so much!

I can't wait to see the Colts and especially Phantom and Madison.

How did the Contras sound to you with that powerhouse? Oh excuse me..I can't bring myself to calling them..T....u....b....a...'s... :P :) Anyway..great job.

Great review.  Good read.  Go to more shows.  Haha.  When you said the trumpet and bari soloist in Colts kissed I almost spit out my coffee!  This is going to be such a great season.  It seems like there are so many great shows all scoring in roughly the same range(70-73).  4th-8th place should be an amazingly tight race.

How would you like to be the parents of the girl in Madison?  "Mom, Dad, I'm going to spend my summer on a tour bus with 134 guys, and their all male staff."  I'm sure Madison has this all worked out, but as the parent of a daughter I can't imagine what (initially) went through Dad's head!  Haha.    After thinking about it I'm sure they are proud parents of an incredible performer (all I hear about is how good she is).

DW

And if she is as HOT as everyone is saying she is....YIKES...as a Mom I too would be on pins and needles. But in the acticle on DCI website, it appears that they have all the appropriate arrangements made for her. Can't wait to see the show!