Hershey Spectacular cancelled

Wasn't there any way Five star could have secured another stadium for the show in the harrisburg area to keep the show alive?  With the Football presence in PA I would think there'd be a decently sized stadium in Harrisburg somewhere.

there is no stadium that can hold the crowd Hershey normally attracts. if there was, it'd have been done ages ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big 33 All Star HS Football Game is on tonight at Hershey Park Stadium for definitely the last time in July and maybe the last time in Hershey. Game moving to June because of NCAA rules dealing with Football players attending Summer School (or something like that). Preliminary talks are also going on to possibly move the game to Pittsburgh or Altoona (Pitt more likely). Big 33 leaders are down playing these talks to concentrate on tonights game.

As a Harrisburg area resident I see a lot of similarities between this and what happened with Five Star Brass and the Spectacular. Both groups are not contected to HERCO in any way. Both groups have their biggest event of the year in HERCOs stadium. From what I've read both groups have dealt with HERCOs "hand shake" agreements.

Big 33s headquarters is local (drive by it a lot) and know these folks are smart enough to read a newspaper. With the publicity about what happened to the Hershey Spectacular wonder if Big 33 heads are starting to think hard about another location.

Here's a link to an organization chart showing how the Hershey Entities fit together. According to the chart HERCO is 100% owned by the Trust. I'd suggest expressing your thoughts to the Trustees of the Hershey Trust since it appears HERCO could care less what we think. Contact information for each of the Officers is available on the site.

http://www.hersheytrust.com/cornerstones/orgchart.shtml

will the corps schelduled for hershey add other shows that day?

Cavies and U.S. Marines are now scheduled for Giants Stadium that night. BD, Cadets and Cavies together six days before finals. Unfortunately I have a church picnic - and I can't get out of it, I'm one of the pastors :) - I would have even braved the NJ traffic for that.

How many does Biemesderfer Stadium at Millersville seat?

They are redoing the stadium right now. It may have seated 3500-4000 on concert side. Maybe a little more than that, certainly mo where near Hershey. Also not very convenient for the rigs.

i said this in the senior forum, i'll say it here. HERCO is putting out feelers to groups to run shows there as a way to get back at Five Star Brass.

any group that trusts these people are fools. They didnt even sign the contract for the Big 33 all star football classic til right before the event.

• 6 months later...