Current Standings

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

given it is still really early in the season...but does anyone else notice how much higher the west and east coast scores are compared to the midwest??

i think alot of this can be attributed to the fact that the midwestern corps...aka blue stars do not have the same competeion that these other corps do. if you look at a score recap the west and east coast shows have 2-3 div II competeing while at most midwest shows there is only 1 div II competeing.

again jsut want to reiterate that scores mean nothing until finals week. and i can not wait to see this years head-to-head competition between the top corps!!

I agree.

Although rankings are fun, they are irrelevant with the division 2 corps not going to championships.

As well, I doubt that any of the judges from the east/central region have ventured out west to judge and visa versa for west coming east. With a judge not having seen both the west corps and the east corps, one can't really take the scores for what they are worth.

Using last year's scores on 7/5

Spartans 77.1

ECJ 75.95 (1.15 behind Spartans)

Blue Stars 71.70 (5.4)

Surf 67.6 (9.5)

Memphis 67.0 (10.1)

Spartans, ECJ & Surf were in DCI AD show in Nashua, NH

Blue Stars & Memphis were in DCI Central in Dubuque, IA

Prelims in August - everyone @ the same show

Spartans 94.1

ECJ 93.1 (.8 behind Spartans)

Blue Stars 87.3 (6.8)

Surf 83.4 ( 10.7)

Memphis 82.7 (11.4)

and on 7/17

Spartans 83.7

ECJ 83.1 (.6)

SCV Cadets 82.1 (1.6)

Fever 81.3 (2.4)

Spartans & ECJ were in DCI AD show in Southbridge, MA

SCV Cadets & Fever in DCI PD show in Sacramento, CA

Prelims in August - everyone @ the same show

Spartans 94.1

ECJ 93.1 (.8 behind Spartans)

SCV Cadets 91.85 (2.25)

Fever 88.65 (5.45)

Looks pretty accurate to me. Lots can be derived from the whole country using the Div 2 sheets and the criteria being applied correctly. Sure there are some corps that will make huge strides during the stretch run, but for the most part what you see now is what you get at Championships.

given it is still really early in the season...but does anyone else notice how much higher the west and east coast scores are compared to the midwest??

i think alot of this can be attributed to the fact that the midwestern corps...aka blue stars do not have the same competeion that these other corps do. if you look at a score recap the west and east coast shows have 2-3 div II competeing while at most midwest shows there is only 1 div II competeing.

again jsut want to reiterate that scores mean nothing until finals week. and i can not wait to see this years head-to-head competition between the top corps!!

interesting to see the Blue Stars so low right now.

~>conner

My Midwestern friends tell me not to count the Blue Stars out of anything this year. I understand they are larger than a lot of D1 corps, they also have the talent and show. Scores from region to region at this time of the year are not a true indicator of any particular unit's real worth or potential.

My Midwestern friends tell me not to count the Blue Stars out of anything this year. I understand they are larger than a lot of D1 corps, they also have the talent and show. Scores from region to region at this time of the year are not a true indicator of any particular unit's real worth or potential.

I totally agree. The Blue Stars are still in the building process - a very rapid one at that. This year they have gained a TON of rookies (not that that is bad!) - I think at one point the rookie count was around 60 (correct me if I'm wrong). On top of that they have also gained many talented staff members as well. To me, that is an excellent combination to have! I wish them the best of luck the rest of the season, although I've got a feeling they don't really need it! Go Blue Stars!

they are building very very quickly. and while the 60 rooks was close the number is actually up around 70-80. they are marching at the dcm championships this weekend and it will be interesting what changes are made to the show after a couple days off.