Pieces never done by Corps

Heroes Lost and Fallen By Gillingham(OMG)

Nixon in China By John Adams(more adams on the field)

Water Night by Eric Whitacre(Phantom, maybe)

Some of the earlier Cirque stuff by Rene Dupere

I can't remember who wrote this but Wind Symphony premiered a piece for the composers conference called "Jacob's Ladder" and it was AMAZING and very hard too. It had a great trumpet solo in it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heroes Lost and Fallen By Gillingham(OMG)

Was performed by Cavaliers in '93.

1.) I want BD to play a Cowboy Bebop show - this could be awesome

I always thought "Tank" (Bebop opening theme) would be a killer piece to do for a corps. I'd love to hear BD go off with it.

Tank has been on Chuck Naffier's "Most Wanted" list for years; Blue Stars did play it last year and did a good job with it.

"In evening's stillness..." is one of those pieces where you don't know how hard it is until you take a look at the score and try to conduct/perform it.... I have a feeling we won't be seeing this one tackled on a drum corps field anytime soon.

Agreed. Sounds great in the concert hall when performed well, and a great piece of music for those who appreciate it, but not easily adaptable to the field. Another of those...Husa's Music for Prague 1968.

Any of Barber's "Essays for Orchestra." (Phoenix Regiment did these, but no div I corps yet.)

Actually, the Zeus portion of Crown's 2002 show was arranged from the 2nd Essay.

There needs to be a Frank Zappa show.  I know BD's drum solo in 86 was a Zappa work, but I think a lot of his stuff (ok, half of his stuff.  This is the same guy that wrote a song in 17/5 meter) could translate on to the field as an entire show.  I think this is something the Cadets could definately do.

I took my husband to his first drum corps shows in the early to mid-80's. He's not a musician but a huge music fan. He has always maintained that he would love to hear Zappa's Peaches in Regalia performed by a drum corps.