St. Peter Scores

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home shows are awesome!

The wind was ridiculous and had a huge effect on all performances, but again, the midwest seniors are cooking. It was great to add Chops to the DCA-C scenario. Can't wait for the big show in Scranton.

(Matt, only your staff and the judges know about the reasons for penalties being assessed. It's on one of the judge's sheets.)

I thoroughly enjoyed this show. It was awesome to see Govies in their home show along with MBI. Chops was way better than I expected, loved their color guard, which did a terrific job considering the wind was pushing us all over the field...lol.

Kilties were better than I expected also, AND I have to give their guard a big thumbs up, as they had to fight the elements, yet did a terrific job.

MBI will be in the thick of it at Scranton, horns can be louder though, which I expect they will be.

It was a good show considering the 1:30 pm start, but all in all a great show

Govies!!!

Thanks for the memories.

Billy Collins

Chicago Royalairs 05

Edited by muzzicman1

Billy, your corps was excellent as well. God Bless the Child is one of my personal favorites.

Who cares about scores?

A big thanks to Kilties and all who entertained us with the singing! You were thoroughly enjoyed by all, and the shocked faces of some of the younger members of our corps were priceless. I only wish that I had got my camera out sooner, but I had other things on my mind, and palette.

Brent, can we change our corps song to one more colorful like the Kilties?

But, speaking of scores... how much did we get in penalties for having the drumline & colorguard be six minutes late to the field? ha ha OOPS! I always say "Drums, we're late!", but this time it was true.

Who cares about scores?

A big thanks to Kilties and all who entertained us with the singing!  You were thoroughly enjoyed by all, and the shocked faces of some of the younger members of our corps were priceless.  I only wish that I had got my camera out sooner, but I had other things on my mind, and palette.

Brent, can we change our corps song to one more colorful like the Kilties?

Glad you liked it Jesse. B)

But please don't change your corps song. Hearing you guys sing it at the finale in Hastings was a goose bump moment! Very cool!

See you this weekend.

Im getting use to the mix corps retreat. I like talking with other people who share the same passion as I. The field at St. Peters was one of the best I have ever marched on.

Im getting use to the mix corps retreat.  I like talking with other people who share the same passion as I.

Yes and no. I much prefer the traditional retreat, mostly because we in Chops have our own retreat traditions that we just can't carry out (or pass on to the rookies) very easily.

And by "traditions" I mean "being as irreverent as possible without crossing the lines or making too loud of noises". "Duck, duck, gray duck", anyone? :P

That's "Duck, duck, goose", Matt.

Grey duck is solely a Minnesota mutation of the game.

Getting the chance to chat with some Brass sopranos was very cool. Dont get to do that very often. Dont know if I will every get a chance now after they have heard our "corps song"..hehehehehe b**bs

That's "Duck, duck, goose", Matt.

Grey duck is solely a Minnesota mutation of the game.

And Chops is from Minnesota. So it's fitting. And saying "goose" isn't as fun as saying "gray duck" anyway.

We did get to play on the parade route in Robbinsdale, though. Slow parade, that one was.