ERIE Pa. DCA

WOW :worthy: b**bs Thank you Drum Corps'(die hard) Fans for hanging around through at least (4) significant weather events. Rogers Isreal American Legion Post #11 and the Erie Thunderbirds Drum & Bugle Corps' thank you all.

I will not attempt to critque every Corps' at our show ( I don't feel I am qualified to be that judgemental) but will give you observations from my perspective.

AS I Viewed the show:

From Mon Valley Express, the newest member of DCA as I understand it,

up through the "STYLE" of the Statesmen each and every Corps' had something, IMO, to offer. I think all the Corps' knew and understood their capabilities and in my opinion played within themselves. This has to be a credit to the writers and arrangers, who receive little if any accolades(spl) for realizing the talent level they have to work with and working within those perameters to produce and excellant end result. What a great show.

No matter the score...............YOU ARE ALL WINNERS.........each in your own way.........and our activity is better now than ever before just because of who YOU are...........Be proud of that ..........

Side note: I have to thank my wife for not only videoing the TBIRDS but going the extra mile (for me at least) and capturing "Sugar Blues" on video( not for sale) by my good friend

and Drum Corps' Icon..............MR. Riggie Laus (he's 79 years young and has the energy of a 20 year old.........we should all be so fortunate.....)

Oh yea.............Great conversations at the after party with "Konga" and Harry from Sky..............SKY may be small right now but the intensity and PASSION is still alive.........trust me on this...........there is no quit here.........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene it was great seeing you at our rehearsal Saturday morning! I have the can of "Whoop ### Beer" and will never open that sucker. It's a keep sake that will never be harmed, or drank should I say! LOL I didn't think it would actually have my name on it! hahahaha

Thanks for a wonderful time in Erie and can't wait to do it again!

Great venue, great crowd and one helluva party at the American Legion Post afterwards. I think I still have a buzz from last night!

Great venue, great crowd and one helluva party at the American Legion Post afterwards.  I think I still have a buzz from last night!

How was the party???? Sorry I missed it! I had to drive back home and missed the scores (like I ever pay attention to those!).

I was VERY impressed by the White Sabers!!!!! Way to go Dr. Ben Dover!!!!

I was VERY impressed by the White Sabers!!!!! Way to go Dr. Ben Dover!!!!

MarJean........I couldn't agree more. They're a real SLEEPER. I think they're going to surprise a lot of people as they did me. :worthy:

I posted this under the "Erie scores" post last night too, but it fits much better here.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a night !!!!

First I want to thank all the corps who gave their time and such wonderful performances. You ALL did a super job.

The weather was not on our side to begin with, but after a short delay we had a decent night. The rain actually helped to take the edge off from all the heat we had all day and made it a little bit more bearable to perform.

A HUGE thank you to all the die hard Drum Corps FANS who stuck out the thunderstorms. It wasn't looking too promising but many people stuck with us and waited things out to see the show go on. And believe me it was worth it!!!!!!

You all deserve a hats off for the job well done and best of luck to you for the rest of the season.

Safe travels and God Bless.

.....Nice video clip on local T.V. this morning of the Statesmen.........

Really? Must have been a slow Saturday in Erie:) When I lived up there the Blue Devils could have shown up with 80 horns and Arturo Sandoval and all you would have seen on the news was whoever was on first. That is refreshing to hear.

My Dad said it was a nice crowd.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, GA.

Gene it was great seeing you at our rehearsal Saturday morning!  I have the can of "Whoop ### Beer" and will never open that sucker.  It's a keep sake that will never be harmed, or drank should I say!  LOL  I didn't think it would actually have my name on it!  hahahaha

Thanks for a wonderful time in Erie and can't wait to do it again!

Great show saturday Adam. Drum line really played some ####. Tight ....man.....tight. Enjoyed the conversations reliving old times with the two veterans at your rehearsal. See yinz in September. (hey........that gives me an idea for a song). "See Yinz' in September" (Steel City could play it...... b**bs

When doesn't Grenadiers drum line play some crazy beats? 2005 is definitely no exception either. Out of the years I've been marching within Grenadiers percussion program I can honestly say this is the most talented to date. We have 1 more snare to work in...He was the backfield drum major Saturday night.

We are all young, with the oldest in the line being 27. We are all great friends on and off the field and have a very special bond this year. This line holds a special place in my heart and will provide me with many great memories to hold on to for many years to come.

Don and Sherm are the two alumni you were speaking to. These guys can tell the BEST drum corps stories I have ever heard. I love sitting around over some pops listening to the history of RCA/DCA, Grenadiers, and the fun times they had back then. Very interesting stuff.

This time it will be a Labatt's with YOUR name on it Gene! Or maybe I should get you something you've never had before. Maybe an Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale or Moosehead. That could be interesting!

See Yinz in September! :)