ERIE Pa. DCA

When doesn't Grenadiers drum line play some crazy beats?  2005 is definitely no exception either.  Out of the years I've been marching within Grenadiers percussion program I can honestly say this is the most talented to date.  We have 1 more snare to work in...He was the backfield drum major Saturday night. 

We are all young, with the oldest in the line being 27.  We are all great friends on and off the field and have a very special bond this year.  This line holds a special place in my heart and will provide me with many great memories to hold on to for many years to come.

Don and Sherm are the two alumni you were speaking to.  These guys can tell the BEST drum corps stories I have ever heard.  I love sitting around over some pops listening to the history of RCA/DCA, Grenadiers, and the fun times they had back then.  Very interesting stuff.

This time it will be a Labatt's with YOUR name on it Gene!  Or maybe I should get you something you've never had before.  Maybe an Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale or Moosehead.  That could be interesting!

See Yinz in September!  :)

we'll be gunning for you guys next comp. <_< man our lines are close right?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about Drumlines in DCA, I've come to realize that the drum thing is getting better and better, I've seen all the contenders exept for MBI, and I can say that there are some cool things going on.

I was very impressed by Brigs drumsolo, they are trying some #### that I've only seen in WGI, very refreshing, if they clean up (and it looks like they are, seen them in Rochester and they are much cleaner) they have a very good chance of taking it, if they are not already sloted ???

we'll be gunning for you guys next comp. <_< man our lines are close right?

Joe,

This is the way it's always been and I love it! The competition between the two lines is so strong but we are also great friends off the field. It keeps things interesting! Ask some of the members in the line that have been around for a few years...they'll tell ya all about it!

I must concur with the other folks here that the crowd at the show was just outstanding--we were all amazed watching you stand your ground in the rain, thunder, and lightning. I can only hope that we as performers gave you, the loyal fans, the show that you so deserved....my hats off to you!!!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Bill

How was the party???? Sorry I missed it!  I had to drive back home and missed the scores (like I ever pay attention to those!).

I was VERY impressed by the White Sabers!!!!! Way to go Dr. Ben Dover!!!!

The show was excellent! The party was "fan-tab-ulous!" The rain, thunder, and lightning was an issue at first, but, Mother Nature was on our side for the majority of the show and party. All who stayed got their money's worth.

Mar-Jean, I was looking for you at the party. Had to go, huh?

Congrats to Empire for winning. Congrats to Sky for coming back. Good show Cru. Keep at it Mon Valley. Your soloist was darn good. Good Job Ben with the White Sabers. Like your show Brigs. It's OK D.A. - I "cracked" playing Taps too!(so did Tommy D) Remember Poopsie.

T-Birds were on. We had a very impressive show. Great reviews from all.

My mother-in-law said I played my solo well. So, I musta did good.

Drumcorps Rocks!

Edited by SoloSop420

The show was excellent!  The party was "fan-tab-ulous!"  The rain, thunder, and lightning was an issue at first, but, Mother Nature was on our side for the majority of the show and party.  All who stayed got their money's worth. 

Mar-Jean, I was looking for you at the party.  Had to go, huh? 

Congrats to Empire for winning.  Congrats to Sky for coming back.  Good show Cru.  Keep at it Mon Valley.  Your soloist was darn good.  Good Job Ben with the White Sabers.  Like your show Brigs.  It's OK D.A. - I "cracked" playing Taps too!(so did Tommy D)                                      Remember Poopsie.   

T-Birds were on.  We had a very impressive show.  Great reviews from all.

My mother-in-law said I played my solo well.  So, I musta did good.

Drumcorps Rocks!

Yeah, Nicky I cracked the last note at the cemetary...I was so happy that made it so far that I took my focus off. But I cracked one note...not 5!!!!LMAO

DA

I only cracked because I was playing a true echo.

HAHAHA...thats a good one.

BTW I cant remember when I was fatter than you. Whatever you are doing Tom...it is working!!!! you look like a million bucks. Congrats!!!

HAHAHA...thats a good one.

BTW I cant remember when I was fatter than you. Whatever you are doing Tom...it is working!!!! you look like a million bucks. Congrats!!!

You're right DA..............That's down from a million and a half...... b**bs b**bs

Looking good "D" :worthy: