I want to talk about Jester.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corona Del Sol placed highly in a competitive BOA Regional this year. Dobson HS was the first wind ensemble to be invited to the BOA Honor Band of America Festival. High Expectations are growing through out the state, there are no more excuses.

John Denton

right...and Tempe (Corona) and Mesa (Dobson)...as well as Gilbert and Highland (both Gilbert) are all suburbs of Phoenix.

So what does that have to do with anything I know people who have marched Jester from Peoria, Glendale, Scottsdale, TEMPE and Gilbert aren't those all the "Burbs" of Phoenix. So with recruitment from all these areas and exposure to tremendous organizations I am saying not matter where you are in Arizona the bulk of the programs are really increasing in quality and it shouldn't be said that the state and Phoenix especially should be disreguarded because of a bad past reputation.

Mr. Rudnicki,

Such a Class act by a classy organization! I can only imagine how well and heartfelt your "Jesture" of appreciation was recieved by those deserving JESTER kids.

I wonder if anyone was able to get a camera shot of the Renegade's cymbal lines "J" tribute to the Corps? I'm thinking, such a photo would serve as an absolutely incredible momento of their 2005 season and a visual symbol of inspiration their staff and kids could forever look upon.

Indeed, JESTER CORPS, while you're few in number (at the moment), the Drums Corps community will see, that "you never march alone!"

BRAVO!

HEY, JUST BEFORE POSTING THIS I SPOTTED THE PHOTO OF THE "J" cymbal rehearsal...WAY COOL! FOLKS, YOU'RE WITNESSES TO A "CORPS LEGENDARY PHOTO MOMENT".... Please, someone forward it to Steve Vickers at DRUM CORPS WORLD NEWSPAPER...it would make a terrific shot for the mast head!!!

Renegades - Last year in the park, I knew from the very first note you played there in DeKalb.. I was always going to be a fan of yours!

With the way the Renegades treated Jester with such dignity & respect.. I salute you! You are truly, one incredible class act.. way to go!

Linda

No 1987 Prairie FireĀ  17.?

Kind of recognize the name, Senior or Junior corps????

And lipsprain, meant to say lowest DCA score at the time. Wind Gap Blue Eagles also beat our 37 later in the seventies.

Also the "urban legend" is our score should have been lower but the execution judges ran out of space for tic marks. :P (Oh I can laugh now.)

Edit: For those who need a laugh. Few years after our "37.35 show" we formed a Halloween parade corps to raise some bucks. Because a lot of members were away at college we created a new corps with different unis (flannel shirts, etc). Name of the parade corps was 37th Regiment..... (Yeah, guess where the 37 part came from ^0^ :P )

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

So what does that have to do with anything I know people who have marched Jester from Peoria, Glendale, Scottsdale, TEMPE and Gilbert aren't those all the "Burbs" of Phoenix. So with recruitment from all these areas and exposure to tremendous organizations I am saying not matter where you are in Arizona the bulk of the programs are really increasing in quality and it shouldn't be said that the state and Phoenix especially should be disreguarded because of a bad past reputation.

since when is good recruits the sole part of good recruitment?

don't get me wrong, but if those kids are good enough, aren't they going to go and try out for some of the upper tier corps?

~>conner

No 1987 Prairie FireĀ  17.?

*shudder shudder* I remember my one and only experience seeing Prairie Fire in Terre Haute, Indiana. The longest drum corps show of my life.

But that's not really in the spirit of the thread. :sshh:

Thanks, as usual Lee, for a great reminder of what truly matters.