Wichita Falls Review

Here is my take on the Wichita Falls show. I have more of a personal take on it because this show was hosted by our Band parents. I have worked on this show all year long and prayed every night that everyone would come here to this small town and just really enjoy what they are experiencing what these corps have to offer.

We had a few glitches to handle the day of the show--the biggest one was the loss of one of our top corps--The Cadets--of course this was not our fault they were not going to perform and I felt like everyone at the show understood--no one came up and voiced their displeasure nor did they demand their money back--If you were there you were there to watch Drum Corp not just there to see The Cadets. It would have been great to have had them there but things happen and we are so glad that everyone is doing fine and they are safe. The next one was that there was a long line waiting to get into the stadium--fans did not purchase their tickets in advance, they waited till they got to the stadium so needless to say the lines were long--we had 4 computers going --but the people who purchased in advanced just walked in. So if you are tired of standing in line--think about purchasing in advance.

The show lineup included Trinity out of Sequin, Tx they were our Exhibition corps--first show for Trinity--they are brand new this year and have just started their tour with us. They were supposed to go on the field at 7:15 and they were a no-show---we knew they were on the premises but they did not show until after Kiwanis Kavaliers performed(they had uniform difficulties)--so we did not cancel them out we let them perform during the intermission--The crowd really listened to them and cheered for them. They are a very small corps but they have a lot of heart and they were pleased with their performance. Thanks Trinity for coming to Wichita Falls and sharing your music with us.

Kiwanis Kavaliers--They were a small Div I corps but had a really good sound. I really like their new red and black uniforms very striking on the field. I think they handled their program and music well for a smaller corps.

Troopers--I have always liked watching the Troopers(my daughter toured with them last year-great experience ) They have that hometown Texas feel to them. Music selection was alright--but they just didn't have anything that just grabbed you and WOW'd you.

Seattle Cascades-- It seemed like the Rumble in the Falls started when the Cascades took the field--it was a home crowd for 2 of the members of their corps (one was my daughter) I think their bright guard uniforms enhanced their program--I know someone has stated on this forum that the guard uniforms were hideous--They are not--The Guard loves their uniforms. There was never a dull moment in their show--they had lots of movement and there were 135 kids giving 110% on the field last night from Seattle The narration was not really that noticeable except at the beginning and from then on the music played the biggest role and you could not hear alot of it. (Can you guess what section my daughter is in?) I haven't figured out yet why there scores are so slow to come up--they should be higher than they are right now.

Crossmen-- Good all around program. There was lots of dancing with the guard. Lots of energy and the corps seemed to enjoy their music. Music was great and the enthusiams of their show was wonderful. There were quite a few people in the audience that thought that Crossmen were the best at Wichita Falls.

Phantom--Their white uniforms are very sharp looking. Phantom entered with umbrellas--very neat looking(not your usual entrance) The main male dancer carries the guard portion of the show. I have to say that the most distracting part of their show is the changing of the uniforms from the guard. They had several full costume changes--taking things off and replacing them with other acticles of clothing..--this did not look appropriate for the young ones at the show. It really took away from what the corps was doing on the field( or was that the idea?) you caught yourself watching the guard and trying to see what they were doing and what they were going to put on instead of listening and watching what regiment was doing. If you are going to costume changes they need to have the black props that Crossmen had. Very discreet and then you are all of a sudden hit with a different costume--would probably have a greater impact on the audience. All the movements of phantom were very eye-catching.

Thanks for the review & for your organizations efforts to put on a show. I enjoyed the show very much. Please notice there is another section of these forums for Show/Event Reviews. They don't go here.

Harvey

. Lots of energy and the corps seemed to enjoy their music.  Music was great and the enthusiams of their show was wonderful.  There were quite a few people in the audience that thought that Crossmen were the best at Wichita Falls.

glad to hear you enjoyed the corps. Crossmen are always a crowd pleaser.

ALAN CHEZ

glad to hear you enjoyed the corps. Crossmen are always  a crowd pleaser.

ALAN CHEZ

I agree 100%. I saw Crossmen at the Giants Stadium show and they were great. A big THANK YOU to you and the rest of the Crossmen staff for thinking of us fans and keeping your programs crowd pleasing.