Pittsburg Reviews?

What, the first head to head of the year between The Blue Team and the Green Team and no review? Bueller? Bueller?

Come on!!!!!!!! Was there anyone at this show?

Packy

:sshh: Well, okay I was there. I have never written a review before so please anyone else feel free to jump in.

First of all...a rant. The venue was awful. They didn't open the gates til 6:30 PM leaving 30 minute for hundreds of people(it was PACKED) to get in and get seated. The heat index was easily 101 and the stands faced the sun. The girl at the will call window was a total B**** and started my evening out wrong for sure! So, from there my opinion of the venue went down hill. They only had one little gate and the line snaked clear out to the parking lot. There was no handicap entrance, so old people and handicap were left standing in the blazing sun for 45 minutes until they finally opened up another gate. Then everyone was shoving to get in. It was a nightmare. No one to show you directions to your seats. One little concession stand. The money they had to have made off of the ticket sales makes me sick in comparison to the way they treated the patrons. It was disgusting!!

Now on to the show :P

Pioneer - What a great sounding corp for being so small. Their brass was fairly tight and their percussion had a couple of good moments. Their drill wasn't bad and they had a couple of fun moments when the corp danced (don't they all now?). Ummm, I don't care for the plaid skirts on the guard would like to see something a little more mature, but it goes with the theme. They did a nice job.

Colts - Well, I don't know why they were second instead of following Cap. Reg., but they were, so the difference between their corp and Pioneer was...well, substantial. The brass first big move at the beginning of the show is awesome and drew alot of gasps and applause. Overall a good show...the featured brass always has me holding my breath ... but they were there, they just aren't strong in that beginning segment and I think it is hurting them. Guard was amazing. Drill is very very good. No postcards yet. A good show overall.

Cap. Reg. - Third time I have seen the show. The featured dancer finally has changed out of that original gray get up and changes into some very nice colors throughout the show reflecting the different moments of shade and light (I guess?) Anyway, very pretty. New flags were pretty during the sunset portion. Had a huge tear somewhere in the middle of their show. Yikes. It was nasty. Overall okay show for them. Sundial is still a mystery to most spectators.

Blue Knights - OMG! Two weeks paid off. They had a whole new drill, lots of new movement by entire corp. The new guard uni's are incredible! Very light blue and stunning against the rest of the corp. A really, really good new show since June. They deserve the scores they are getting. It's like a whole new corp. They beat Glassmen, and should have.

Glassmen - Kind of boring and I love the Glassmen, so dont' know why they are deviating from what has worked it he past for them, but they are. Guard uni's are atrocious. Kind of like throw up on street people. I don't know, just looks nasty. The snow angel thing with the fetus balls (they roll into little balls like a fetus on the field) is just weird. Their show is weird in my opinion, and though the brass and percussion and pit all were great, I just don't like their show...so I wasn't surpirsed when BK beat them and I woulnd't be surprised to see them dontinue to drop unless they do something different.

Blue Devils - Well, I had looked forward to this show all night and I was entertained. Didn't care for the uni's...kind of a boring mustard color. The army cots were underutlized. The whole thing is about dance...so I would have liked to actually see some incredible dance...the guard moved well and did it's thing...I just wans't all that impressed. There is an announcer who (Yowza, Yowza's) throughout the show and although I found his voice to be perfect and his narration truly flawless several of my group were annoyed by him. Haven't seen Cadets yet, so can't compare...but I don't see this show getting the Blue Devils into 2nd place right now.

The Cavs - Well, there is a reason this corp is in first place. I have seen them now 3 times and each time gets better. I LOVe the show. Love the baseball theme, love the fireman salute, I don't even mind the green uni's and tams. They fit the theme okay. Musically the best of the night, guard, the best of the night...I jsut haven't seen a corp yet that can touch them. Sorry...not even Madison (although Madison is entertaining).

One more rant before I quit - the audience sat on their hands until the Cavs came out and only the Cavs got a standing O and I don't even know if it was the majority of the crowd. Just plain annoying. Maybe they were too hot, tired and cranky at the Pittsbuirg venue and their treatment. Overall, the worst of the shows I have been to and that included Omaha, Dubuque, & Columbia. Next up....New Jersey. Til then keep your Febreeze handy!

"Don't bother to agree with me, I've already changed my mind."

I was there, but I am not qualified to do in-depth analysis.

Great stadium to watch drum corps. I was late, only saw the

four shows after intermission and thoroughly enjoyed all of

them. Blue Knights and Glassmen both have impressive

guards this year with beautiful flags. The Blue Knights show

is loaded with stuff for fans of battery features.

The Blue Devils show is entertaining but rather one-dimensional

in my opionion. I think each of the movements included the

classic Blue Devil soprano solo/duet scream feature. Fun show,

though--you will want to get up and dance with them.

The Cavaliers show really has it all. I was dubious that they

could sell a show with a Chicago theme, but then I was dubious that

they could sell 007 last year. I was wrong both times. This show is an emotional

roller coaster ride with some atypical Cavaliers moments where

they actually seem to be aiming for audience reaction and applause,

particularly in the second movement baseball section.

And IT WORKS!! They effectively ripped my heart out at the end of the

big fire scene then had me grooving moments later to the "Sweet

Home Chicago" sendoff. A very well-rounded program with

amazing drill design, well played and well executed. Looks like

a winner to me. I can only imagine what they will do to improve

it between now and finals.

was at the show, will have a he said/she said review a bit later tonight.

:)

(as well as a review for wichita)

Ya!!! Thanks!!!

was at the show, will have a he said/she said review a bit later tonight.

:)

(as well as a review for wichita)

Yeah Yeah Yeah...I'll believe it when I see it :P