Difficulty in DCA scoring

Do you find DCA more or less entertaining since they took the "difficulty caption" off the sheets?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find DCA more or less entertaining since they took the "difficulty caption" off the sheets?

• yes
    • no
    • Gee, that's the difference in DCA this year!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everybody I am sure think that there show is the best, but they don't come here and talk smack about it, other then the Renegades thousand topic per day to talk about everything and anything that is happening to them, even they don't talk smack.

Dave

Are you kidding me??!!!???

There isn't a single topic on page 1 of the senior forum with "Renegades" in the subject line. I am shocked.

Seriously.......

everybody I am sure think that there show is the best, but they don't come here and talk smack about it, other then the Renegades thousand topic per day to talk about everything and anything that is happening to them, even they don't talk smack.

Dave

I am so great. I just cannot believe how great I am. I think DCA should just give the Renegades a 100 right now, and let everyone else compete for second place, because we are so great. Then we can save the money, and go compete at DCI instead, where we would get another 100. Then we would have a 200, which is really, really, really so spectacularly great, that I cannot believe it myself. After DCI, we can circle our great corps up and go play in the NFL. I think we are great enough to beat at least beat the crap out of the Bengals, and maybe even the Cardinals, if they let us use Stu as a running back. Around October, when we get done punching around the NFL, we can move over to baseball, win the World Series with our great corps, announce that our great corps just folded, and then hold another great Open House, followed by flying back East just to perform in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, just to rub it in everyone's faces how great we are. We then fly back to Arizona to beat the crap out of the Cardinals again, change our show to Fiddler on the Roof so we can use Josh's funny line about the one hand clapping or whatever that nonsense was all about. And since we are in Arizona, we go find Jester, we gotta somehow go antagonize the Jester Corps, just to let 'em know how great we all are, especially since they only got 9 horns and a banjo. Maybe we circle up outside their corps hall and play Screaming Cats for 48 hours straight, like they did to Noriega in Panama. After Jester surrenders, we hit up a couple of band shows on the way back to California just to show how great we are to those punk band kids, when we beat them by 476 points, using DCA sheets, of curse. I mean, of course. Yeah. I am so great and so are the Renegades. Death to the Cardinals!

sarcasm: off

that would be great :P

Edited by Skyliner1

I'd buy one.

Wow some people are talking smack, I use to like you guys but after reading this, I am hoping for somebody to put you back in line (on the field).

Dave

If you think that's smack-talk, you haven't been reading DCP for very long.

Trust me, I'm the last guy you'll see on this board talking about beating other corps. Lee knows exactly what I meant, as did everyone else whos corps were mentioned.

Do I want to win? You bet your arse. Will we? I have no idea, and neither does anyone else until we're judged in Scranton. My suggestion to you is to read the very first post that started this thread, and then read the replies.

The one corps you won't hear smack from this summer is the Buccaneers.

"FACT: The Reading Buccaneers have an extremely difficult program for 2005. We're playing Adagio for Strings, for the love of god. No, it's not notey, but the challenges in intonation and balance are far and above the average corps fare. We're also playing Britten's Young Person's Guide. You want to tell me that's not a challenging piece? Try checking out the multi-meter section towards the end (3/4 against 6/8). You might also want to watch and listen to the drumline sometime (especially watch the cymbals).

FACT: Our drill and color guard program design is second to none this summer. Yea, I know, bold statement. Come watch it...no one is doing more difficult drill than we are this year (and it's far more difficult stamina-wise than 2004's drill, which was probably second only to Cabs in terms of difficulty)."

Wow some people are talking smack, I use to like you guys but after reading this, I am hoping for somebody to put you back in line (on the field).

Dave

:huh:

Now that the season is half over and the "reviews" are far and few between, can I ask why there's no "exciting" drum corps for DCA?

Please don't flame me, I just want to know...especially seeing that there's no "relevant" drum corps that'll have you standing on your seats and throwing babies.

I havent seen all the players yet, but i disagree that there is no exciting DCA shows this year. I also have to disagree about difficulty.

see anyone can run at 200 bpm or play a ####load of notes. many corps have over the years, and many corps have had difficult books their members couldnt play.

now on the current sheets, design is rewarded, but it rewards intelligent design. By that I mean if you're running and it makes sense, and you perform it, then it's rewarded. if you're out there playing a zillion notes and being an ensemble train wreck, it's not rewarded.

difficulty for difficulty's sake is, IMO stupidity.