Cavies Screamer

Have you people heard that trumpet scream about 3/4 of the way through the Cavies show tonight? Right after a impact chord in the jazzy piece he rips up extremely high very much sounding like a real scream. Just wondered if anyone else heard this thing! :worthy:

Actually it's approximately 9:30 into the show.

Edited by Nizerifin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean that terrible sounding high note...    <**>   

i was there..  and it was not "all that"

surely they have someone else that can play that note in the cavaliers........

I don't understand people like you. Regardless of what people on here think, this activity is not about the fans, it's about the young people IN the corps. Not the fans, the designers, the instructional staffs, or even George (koo-koo) Hopkins. Remember that ALWAYS!!! The kids in these corps love performing for you regardless of what happened in their day. Follow the advice that I'm sure your mother once told you, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Yeah, I know the note was pretty nasty, and I'm sure come finals, there won't be any outbursts like it. I was just amused at how high that guy went, even if it was unmusical!

I don't understand people like you.  Regardless of what people on here think, this activity is not about the fans, it's about the young people IN the corps. 

Yeah, okay - I wasn't there, haven't heard it - but in general, if it doesn't sound good, why would anyone be trying to play higher than they can play well? That's just not good performance technique, IMO.

Well, it is jazz... and they have atleast 8 performance to make it finals worthy. I guess I'm one of the few that gets jostled any time a drum corps plays "that really, really high note." Maybe it's because I play brass, dunno.

Hey, I listened and as a trumpet player, I say bravo and WOW :worthy: ! Nothing wrong or violating musicality there that I perceive.

Edited by Geneva

I don't understand people like you.  Regardless of what people on here think, this activity is not about the fans, it's about the young people IN the corps.  Not the fans, the designers, the instructional staffs, or even George (koo-koo) Hopkins.  Remember that ALWAYS!!!  The kids in these corps love performing for you regardless of what happened in their day.  Follow the advice that I'm sure your mother once told you, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

If what you suggest about drum corps were TRULY the case, why would we have to pay to see corps perform?

Get real...the activity HAS to be about the fans or it will die. The lessons learned by marching members last a lifetime and they are very valuable, I agree. However, the activity would not exist as it does today if it weren't for the 'payoff', playing to the crowd.