Blue Devils

After listening to tonight's show, I really have to say that I really think that the BD show misses out on some potential drama by having the show run in reverse (i.e. end of the marathon to the begining). Yes it does lend itself to a more upbeat ending, but the whole point of a dance marathon is to see which couple survives. I've not seen the show, but it seems like by doing the show in this way, they've missed an opportunity to really have some drama in their show.

I've thought the same thing since I saw the show in Dallas last week!! I just don't understand that 'reverse' idea-- If it was so that things are upbeat at the end of the show, then I guess I see the reasoning, but it really isn't coming through in my opinion. I actually felt like the everyone (guard and brass) was 'acting' tired throughout the whole thing. I didn't see much 'waking up' until the very last section.

The show isn't horrible by any means (I actually was really entertained by it, despite the never-ending line of solos and soprano squeals :worthy: <_< ), but surely there would have been a way to come up with an upbeat ending.

Edited by soonerjeff

I've thought the same thing since I saw the show in Dallas last week!!  I just don't understand that 'reverse' idea-- If it was so that things are upbeat at the end of the show, then I guess I see the reasoning, but it really isn't coming through in my opinion.  I actually felt like the everyone (guard and brass) was 'acting' tired throughout the whole thing.  I didn't see much 'waking up' until the very last section. 

The show isn't horrible by any means (I actually was really entertained by it, despite the never-ending line of solos and soprano squeals :worthy: <_< ), but surely there would have been a way to come up with an upbeat ending.

You better not say that on the BD forums, Jeff. I said the same thing and got banned for it.

nm

Edited by Galen

Ouch, sure am glad that I never visit over there. (But how would I feel about being considered "one of those DCPers"?! I'll leave that to the other rabble-rowsers here :worthy: )

Its not that I hate the constant soloists and soprano screamers or that I'm anti-BD, I just feel like too often people use it as a cheap way to get crowd reaction/applause. How can multiple feature solos like that actually fit into a show idea/theme/story? I'm entertained by their talent and good sounds, but they never really add anything to the show if its done more than once.