Blue Devils 6th in brass?

Not really. The judges would be allowed to keep thier own notes about what they seen/heard and where they would THINK they would be ranked.

Then they could say "gee, this corps #4's brass line was a bit better than #1's but not as good as #3's or #2's, so I will place then between corps 1 and 3.

In other words, they would be keeping a running idea on paper. Then come up with the appropriate number afterwards -- considering they jotted down an idea where the corps should be ranked.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really.  The judges would be allowed to keep thier own notes about what they seen/heard and where they would THINK they would be ranked.

Then they could say "gee, this corps #4's brass line was a bit better than #1's but not as good as #3's or #2's, so I will place then between corps 1 and 3.

In other words, they would be keeping a running idea on paper.  Then come up with the appropriate number afterwards -- considering they jotted down an idea where the corps should be ranked.

But in the end, the last one or two corps will be big in their mind. Can the bias toward the last corps be erased?

I'd say Cavies GE Music placement was deserving. They are lacking in effect at this point, but fixable, I think.

As for BD, less then their usual stellar musical performance. Brass & percussion scores were much closer to right than was their Music Ensemble score with the tears & phasing I heard. Still, it's degrees of greatness this year in the whole top 6, and BD is still very, very good.

Harvey

But in the end,  the last one or two corps will be big in their mind.  Can the bias toward the last corps be erased?

It depends... If the last corps had a really terrible night and obviously should be ranked low, there would be a bias to place them lower than perhaps they should be. However, if the last corps is on fire and has some memorable moments in the production, than that will be fresh on the mind as opposed to say the first corps who may or may not have had a better night. Fact of the matter is with the last corps, both the good and the bad will be remembered.

All I know now is that BD will really come out with some sick (in a good sense) musical performances now. That's a great thing for drum corps fans!

This year's BD hornline is way better than last year's, IMO.

By the way, what changes has BD made in their show?

All I know now is that BD will really come out with some sick (in a good sense) musical performances now. That's a great thing for drum corps fans!

Whether they deserved 6th or not, that's going to be one torked off hornline...and, they perform tonight