Cadets...

I saw the Cadets live at Lisle before the show was completed and I liked them then. After listening to the APD and watching the clip, I think they are really amazing! The "beat" singing is great, especially with the drill and colorguard movement. Can't wait to see the whole thing again!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw them in san antonio.. this show is weird.. VERY weird

and ..... I LIKE IT!! all except for that the door in the middle of the field kinda gets in the way of drill when not being used..

favorite part is the "twilight zone" theme in the end.. it wasn't as together as their early season apd.. but its still my favorite lick in their show

and btw..

the should have beaten the cav's in san antonio.. i would have put cav's in the mid 90's... cadets are the real frontrunner in my opinion

I think I'm in love with this APD. It's my favorite show so far, and I doubt that will change. I have to admit that I really hated the Björk-speak (and I'm sure 99% of people have no idea what that's about since they probably didn't see the movie "Dancer in the Dark"; great movie btw!) and the drumspeak when I saw the show in Lisle, but I'm shocked after hearing the San Antonio APD. It actually sounds good now and I think it really fits well with their show. And the narration at the beginning is very appropriate and straight to the point. It doesn't go on with a bunch of meaningless babble. It really sets the mood of complete weirdness, lol.

I really am surprised because I didn't think there could be an instance where I'd actually LIKE amped vocals/narration, but this is it. It is very well done and it just works. Now if only that were always the case!

I was never a big Cadets fan and now I just can't get enough. This is just an amazing show. I can't wait till Indy!!

If anyone wants to get a better feel for the factory-sound clanking part (for lack of a better descripton!) of the Cadets' show, rent "Dancer in the Dark." You will totally get it then. It's really a weird movie, much like the show, but it's a great movie and I'm sure anyone who sees the movie will have a greater appreciation for the Cadets' show, even if the movie inspired only a small segment of their show. Plus the music is more powerful having heard it in the movie. It's a very emotionally powerful movie.

I'm a huge Bjork fan....not usually a fan of spoken stuff, but I can't wait to hear what they do with this....could you explain it a little more? (I've seen Dancer in the Dark about 8 times) :)

I think I'm in love with this APD. It's my favorite show so far, and I doubt that will change. I have to admit that I really hated the Björk-speak (and I'm sure 99% of people have no idea what that's about since they probably didn't see the movie "Dancer in the Dark"; great movie btw!) and the drumspeak when I saw the show in Lisle, but I'm shocked after hearing the San Antonio APD. It actually sounds good now and I think it really fits well with their show. And the narration at the beginning is very appropriate and straight to the point. It doesn't go on with a bunch of meaningless babble. It really sets the mood of complete weirdness, lol.

I really am surprised because I didn't think there could be an instance where I'd actually LIKE amped vocals/narration, but this is it. It is very well done and it just works. Now if only that were always the case!

I was never a big Cadets fan and now I just can't get enough. This is just an amazing show. I can't wait till Indy!!

If anyone wants to get a better feel for the factory-sound clanking part (for lack of a better descripton!) of the Cadets' show, rent "Dancer in the Dark." You will totally get it then. It's really a weird movie, much like the show, but it's a great movie and I'm sure anyone who sees the movie will have a greater appreciation for the Cadets' show, even if the movie inspired only a small segment of their show. Plus the music is more powerful having heard it in the movie. It's a very emotionally powerful movie.

I saw the Cadets live at Lisle before the show was completed and I liked them then.  After listening to the APD and watching the clip, I think they are really amazing!  The "beat" singing is great, especially with the drill and colorguard movement.  Can't wait to see the whole thing again!

The beat singing is just step to rapping. Yo!

MY FAVORITE SHOW!! I AM REALLY PULLING FOR THEM TO WIN!!!!

Also, with all the talk about Kill Bill, the whistling in the beginning is from Kill Bill, when Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah) is in the hospital to kill Kiddo (Uma)...I loved it!!!

And have any of you noticed this (someone pointed this out to me) - the Cadets play Medea at the end of their show (a la Star 93). After they finish playing it, they kick into the Twilight Zone. Coincidence? :worthy:

Edited by ddoy42

I don't feel so bad for liking it because it's weird now. Yeah, it is a raelly good show. I really didn't know what to expect going into it. Wasn't real big on the drumspeak part, but I also don't feel I was close enough to the 50 to really get a good feel of it. I liked Bluecoats '02's version of Dancer better. Some of that is being biased and yes I realise that. I don't know. Overall the show is very good.

I really liked the show - I didn't find it hard to follow at all.

Honestly, the opening narration isn't needed - the twilight zone theme pretty well sets it all up, I think.

And the Bjork narration really needs to go. The drum singing was actually pretty cool (though got less of an ovation than the tenor solo prior - I was paying close attention to see how each segment of that song was received), but that voiceover at the beginning of the song - yikes.

Really, though, you need to see the show rather than just listen to the music - it makes a *lot* more sense as a total package (one of several shows this year that are like that - seems like more than in recent memory).

Mike

I am really enjoying Cadets show too. I really like the revisions they've made

since the first APD. Can anyone tell me where the music they use for the

ballad section (with the great percussion under it) comes from? It is very

"hypnotic"...for lack of a better description.

I felt the crowd reaction on the SA APD seemed less enthusiastic than the

other top 6, but I could well understand how this show could win it all.