The DCM Season Finale

JC,

A great review of the Festivities on Saturday. I wish I would have known about your party at Amelia's so I could have sent the corps over there to eat!

Ann Jones and her crew did a fine job with the Palooza. If you went away hungry it was your own fault, because we basically fed two junior corps the next day with the left over food.

To the 28th DCM season, Cheers! "clink" Watch out DCA, here comes the Midwest!

create peace,

Brent

Agreed! Watch out DCA cause here comes the MIDWEST! Because not only are MBI, Govies, Chops and Kilties competing at DCA so is the Midwest's newest senior corps the LAKESHOREMEN !!! We are going to compete in Class A since DCA is going to enforce the mini-corps size limit. We were going to do mini-corps and just take the penalties for being over-size but we wanted to make an appearance at DCA and become part of the family. So the corps was asked if we still wanted to go and the overwhelming response was H### yes. So while the guard won't be with us for the trip we will compete with the rest of our Midwest brothers and sisters in Scanton. Good luck to all and seeya there. B)

p.s. JC, it was great to see ya again at DCA. Keep the faith bro and seeya at DCA. (by the way we're staying at the Marriott by the stadium)

JC,

A great review of the Festivities on Saturday.  I wish I would have known about your party at Amelia's so I could have sent the corps over there to eat!

Ann Jones and her crew did a fine job with the Palooza.  If you went away hungry it was your own fault, because we basically fed two junior corps the next day with the left over food. 

To the 28th DCM season,  Cheers!  "clink"  Watch out DCA, here comes the Midwest!

create peace,

Brent

Agreed! Watch out DCA cause here comes the MIDWEST!  Because not only are MBI, Govies, Chops and Kilties competing at DCA so is the Midwest's newest senior corps the LAKESHOREMEN !!!  We are going to compete in Class A since DCA is going to enforce the mini-corps size limit.  We were going to do mini-corps and just take the penalties for being over-size but we wanted to make an appearance at DCA and become part of the family.  So the corps was asked if we still wanted to go and the overwhelming response was H### yes.  So while the guard won't be with us for the trip we will compete with the rest of our Midwest brothers and sisters in Scanton.  Good luck to all and seeya there. B)

p.s.  JC,  it was great to see ya again at DCA.  Keep the faith bro and seeya at DCA.  (by the way we're staying at the Marriott by the stadium)

:blink:

Hey Bob!

This is GREAT news. I saw you guys in DeKalb, and was very impressed with your presentation, and how much fun it looked like you were having.

As a 'grizzled veteran' of the DCA wars, and a very proud Midwest senior corps supporter, having another group come out just reinforces the fact that DCA is growing by leaps and bounds.

Best of luck to you and the Lakeshoremen (even though a couple of judges at DeKalb called you guys 'Long-shoremen'...I was in between the judges upstairs, doing video ) as you join the DCA/DCM contingent. See you in Scranton!

Pat

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

Agreed! Watch out DCA cause here comes the MIDWEST!  Because not only are MBI, Govies, Chops and Kilties competing at DCA so is the Midwest's newest senior corps the LAKESHOREMEN !!!  We are going to compete in Class A since DCA is going to enforce the mini-corps size limit.  We were going to do mini-corps and just take the penalties for being over-size but we wanted to make an appearance at DCA and become part of the family.  So the corps was asked if we still wanted to go and the overwhelming response was H### yes.  So while the guard won't be with us for the trip we will compete with the rest of our Midwest brothers and sisters in Scanton.  Good luck to all and seeya there. B)

p.s.  JC,  it was great to see ya again at DCM.  Keep the faith bro and seeya at DCA.  (by the way we're staying at the Marriott by the stadium)

Holy Moly!!!! Five Midwest corps in DCA prelims this year!!!! 4 was going to be a record, but 5 breaks the record to smitherines!

GO LAKESHOREMEN!!!!!!!!!

See you at DCA bro! We're staying at the same place we did last year.

Oh man, that is awesome news!!! Congrats Lakeshoremen!!!

Holy Moly!!!!  Five Midwest corps in DCA prelims this year!!!!  4 was going to be a record, but 5 breaks the record to smitherines!

GO LAKESHOREMEN!!!!!!!!!

See you at DCA bro!  We're staying at the same place we did last year.

JC,

Make that six corps from the Midwest as RA will be doing the alumni show sunday morning and performing in exhibition at prelims saturday night. See ya there!

I never imagined that I would be back to marching DCA again so soon after "retiring" from Cru after 2001. I will mostly certainly be enjoying it though!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The confidence of the corps is inspiring as well considering that plans were not to be compete on the field, but the secret plan was to march our show at mini-corps since they moved the venue! The group is facing the challenge well and we are plotting on what we can do to lessen some undertime penalties, and liven up the drill a bit. A 208 count hold does not work too well, see expect some minor tweaks in the opener, and adding what we can where we can. Our effort will be to present what we have as well as we can, and to heck with everything else. This will be my 10th DCA, and first since 2000, and the one responsible for all of the members of Cru now in LSM.

Our goal is to have fun and bring the crowd along for the ride. Looking forward to seeing you all in lovely Lackawanna Stadium!!

Duane

Rochester Crusaders 1990-7, 2000

Lakeshoremen 2004-5