New Uniforms...what is your take

Well as it is every year corps are changing their uniforms to update and what not. so what is your take......

here is mine...

SCV...ok i love you guys and your show...but too much white you guys..to me persoanlly it looks like madison with red coats. bring the green!!!

Kavaliers...i prefer all black but still ok with the red added in.

Southwind..on the hats..interesting take

Madison...I love the addins on the uniform this year!!!! VERY NICE!!!

Cadets..umm yeah..still on the fence..but very creative and unique.

so what are your guys and gals thoughts on the uniforms and whatnot.....not just this year too like anyother uniforms you want to comment on!!

Edited by BlueStarsBari

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen SCV live this year, but I do like the '98-'01 and the '02-04 ones better from what I have been able to see.

From what I have seen of the glassmen, I like the old ones a lot better. I think 2001 was one of their better uniforms... It gets hard to compare them since my memory gets faint, especially since they change their uniform every year.

ok i will edit mine a little bit on SCV..i like the white as it is a change and does look very shapr on the field. i just think that there needs to be a little more variation in the uniform. for me personally and this is just me...the all red and white seems to over power..again this is just me.

I think the cut in SCV's jacket is what makes the biggest difference. It seems to be a shorter jacket than even the past couple of versions they've used. As a result, especially with horns up, the white simply overpowers the red. Also, in pictures, the pants don't look quite as tailored and crisp as they were. They look almost blowsy. So it seems to me. But I'll have to wait to pass final judgment until I see them live in Indy.

While I like the all black unis worn by the Crossmen, I'd like to see them add a little white to the jacket and throw on some white pants. I think it would look okay with the present jacket. I really like the Xmen unis of much of the 90s...

SCV- awesome take on the old school unis. it seems like the white pants could be hurting them visually, but eh, who cares. it looks awesome.

Cadets- cool stuff happenin in the effect area... I don't really care for it though. Just not my taste. BUT I do like it when they turn around real fast in a wave. that's cool.

Kavies- meh... open jacket is cool, and I like red in the uniform, but I dont like the uniform really. maybe it's just my taste.

SW- I started out NOT digging the uniforms, but I do now. cool. they add to the overall effect of the show. can't wait to see it live Tuesday.

Madison- nice. they should keep them like that... I do like the red, but the silver goes on much better with the corps as a whole. probably my favorite uniform "alter" of the year.

~>conner

Haven't seen SCV live this year, but I do like the '98-'01 and the '02-04 ones better from what I have been able to see. 

From what I have seen of the glassmen, I like the old ones a lot better. I think 2001 was one of their better uniforms... It gets hard to compare them since my memory gets faint, especially since they change their uniform every year.

FWIW, this year's uniform is last years, only with a new and different (and much bigger) shield attachment.

Just a little something to shake up the uniform, and add a distinction to the 2005 corps I'm sure.

It can be removed, and made to look exactly like last year, w/the interchangable shields under the side of the jacket.

ahh yes.. Glassmen.

well, not much difference. I like the turqoise shield that overlaps the silver.

what I like about there uniforms, is the fact that it always makes them look clean and tall.

~>conner